Confused.

closed account (1vD3vCM9)
in the last year i had an giant fight in my head.
i didn't knew what to learn.
so my friend said: start with html
i started, and man, it was SO easy.
so i learned it, and got bored very quickly. i wanted to make desktop applications,phone applications, not websites.
so i went from lua, to more and more..
then i found C++.
i dont know why, but i love C++ so much.
so i had an conversation with a good friend , he got 9 years of experience in programming.
he said : try js, html, css.
i said i dont like them.
the reason why i dont like them, is because they are just TOO easy.
should i continue learning C++? ill learn graphics soon.
what do you guys say?
If you want to learn C++ I don't see why you should not do it.
closed account (1vD3vCM9)
because right now, i got nothing to do.
all i do ( and is in my head ) is an password & username system, then some 'terminal' with commands.
that is all i CAN do.
i dont know what else,
calculator i can make only 1+2 or 1-2, etc.
i want to make a parsing calculator though, i dont know how.
Have you considered something like Python? It can be used to create desktop and mobile apps, even games. You can pick up the basics in just a day or two and then you can focus more on learning things like graphics and gui.

Just a thought. I've been learning it myself lately and I really enjoy it.
If you're just looking into beginner project ideas, here's some stuff I google'd. Btw you don't wanna "program in your head," if that's what I'm getting from
all i do ( and is in my head )

Think about it this way. Typing out and compiling projects is basically practicing your mechanics (if you play any sort of sports or video games). You're seeing the syntax of pointers in action, you're stepping through nested for loops, you're wondering why that linked list that was supposed to work didn't work. And if you're gunning for C++, there's a whole lot of specific syntax you'll need to watch out for.

Practicing projects that have to do with nested looping, you could equate to a professional basketball player just dribbling all day. Maybe pointer projects are just controlling your jump distance in Super Meat Boy. etc...

https://www.reddit.com/r/learnprogramming/comments/2a9ygh/1000_beginner_programming_projects_xpost/
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.