Issues with C++ and VS 2015

I am unable to use cin::getline(). My Visual Studios 2015 community version didn't even have C++. So I to Visual Studios to add "Windows" C++ "Universal" to the possible projects in Visual Studios. I think that i need to get a different package or reinstall Visual Studios. I want to know what i should do as of now i don't have all of the functionality of C++.

So what do i do from here?

I can't start on the beginner tasks, yet.
cin::getline() What's this? Don't you mean std::getline(cin, <insert string here> )
closed account (E0p9LyTq)
To get Visual C++ installed you have to do a custom install. It is not installed with a regular/express install.

You should be able to "repair" your VS 2015 Community install and add Visual C++.

When I first installed VS 2015 Community I downloaded the full ISO instead of the web install. I've made several changes since the original install, each time using the ISO made it so much easier.

If you are going to install VC++ you might want to install MFC/ATL at the same time.

If you want to uninstall and reinstall VS 2015 Community, just do a custom install, or whatever it is called. I don't remember the exact wording.

You can get the VS 2015 Community ISO here:
https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/downloads/download-visual-studio-vs.aspx
ok so i meant getline(cin, x) . Thank you for the link and your responses.
ok nice solution provided all my query solved
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.