Friend is asking for something related to GPU

extern "C" { _declspec(dllexport) DWORD NvOptimusEnablement = 0x00000001; }

I'm still a complete beginner in this stuff, and I would've posted this in the beginner's section but I thought this was more appropriate. My friend's computer's GPU is not working when programs in a file are not working. He told me, make a c++ file with the code posted above ^. Don't know where he got it, but in his words, it is supposed to tell the computer "hey f----- when an app in this folder is active u use ur gpu". Can anyone suggest what to do exactly or if this is even the right thing to do?
First off, your friend is ill informed, please ignore them. EDIT: I feel like I should point out that this instruction is a per application command. I doubt very much it would be the solution even if you went through the trouble of setting up auto injection. Your friend is probably in his teens and pretty good with computers, but he has a long way to go.

OP wrote:
My friend's computer's GPU is not working when programs in a file are not working.

Tell me more about this, details are nice. Specifically what symptoms are you seeing that lead you to believe this is the case, what application is it that you are trying to run, what GPU do you have? Feel free to add in any more details that you think might be relevant such as similar applications (games I assume) that are working or not working as well.
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.