Program compiles, but doesn't run from .exe because of missing dlls

I apologize if this happens to have been asked before, but I couldn't find a recent reply that actually works.

I have written a program in code blocks...and everything compiles and runs great.

However, if try to navigate to my project folder >> bin >> release >> and run the .exe file I get the following 2 errors :

"The program can't start because libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll is missing from your computer"

and

"The program can't start because libstdc++ -6.dll is missing from your computer"

I looked online and tried a few things.

First, I downloaded both files from the internet, and put them in the same folder as my .exe file. This removed the errors, but whenever I opened my program...it just stayed as a blank black window, with nothing in it

I also tried adding the following to my "Linker settings >> Other linker options" tab :

-static-libgcc

-static-libstdc++

Again, it still didn't work with them.

I am really lost right now, and would be very thankful if someone could lend a helping hand. Thanks in advance :)
What compiler do you use ? You better use TDM version of GCC, never have a problem with it. And yes, it links statically by default, exactly what you need:
http://tdm-gcc.tdragon.net/download

Alternatively, search for missing filer where your actual compiler is installed and distribute that with your programs, not versions downloaded from the internet, they must exactly match.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.