Export dataGridView to xls

Hello,

I'm writing a windows form program (C++/CLI) and need a bit of guidance...

I have a dataGridView full of data which I would like to EXPORT to an excel file.

The dataGridView is actually populated using OleDB but I can't seem to figure out how to do the export.

At this stage, I'm not fussy about formatting. Just a simple copy and paste of information.

Is there anyone out there willing to provide me an example code with some explanation notes?

Cheers,
One way is to use the CSV format and import it in Excel.

Here are some articles about Excel and OleDB, but in C#. Maybe you can translate the code or put in a seperate dll. http://www.codeproject.com/search.aspx?q=oledb+excel
Hi Thomas1965,

Thanks for the reply and link.

I have had a good go at this but I'm still having troubles. With your help, I've gotten further than before so thanks for your advice.

This is the error I'm getting:

An unhandled exception of type 'System.ArgumentException' occurred in System.Data.dll

Additional information: Format of the initialization string does not conform to specification starting at index 54.

This is the code I'm using (note, I haven't used my dataGridView - just trying to make a simple xlsx file:
String^ connectionString = "Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0; Data Source = C:\\test.xlsx; Extended Properties\"Excel 12.0 XML;HDR=YES\"";

OleDbConnection^ conn = gcnew OleDbConnection(connectionString);

conn->Open();
OleDbCommand^ cmd = gcnew OleDbCommand();
cmd->Connection = conn;

cmd->CommandText = "CREATE TABLE [table1] (id INT, name VARCHAR, datecol DATE );";
cmd->ExecuteNonQuery();

conn->Close();

Thoughts / Advice?
You forgot the provide in your connection string. Try this:
String^ connectionString = "Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;Data Source=C:\\test.xlsx;Extended Properties=\"Excel 12.0 XML;HDR=YES\"";
Thomas1965,

Once again, you've helped me deluxe!

Yep, your correction worked fine. Now I just need to work out how to transfer what's in my dataGridView to the xlsx file.

Also, I notice that if click my export button after the file has been created, it produces this error message:

An unhandled exception of type 'System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException' occurred in System.Data.dll

Additional information: Table 'table1' already exists.

Cheers for your help... Would you mind if I sent you a message if I get stuck?
Yes you can send me a message if you want. Would be good if you could upload the project on Dropbox or sth. similar.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.