making windows gui applications

I have been learning c++ for quite a while and wanted to start making windows application/windows software and the first thing that came up in the search bar was a c++ gui calculator and i noticed that although i learned from this sites full tutorial and from many other ones aswell and practiced a whole lot i found that there is very little that i can understand from the calculator tutorials and most of the things there are very new and strange so my question is can anyone recommend where to find a full tutorial from the ground up that will teach the basics of making windows apps/software and move on to more advanced stuff?
NOTE:i am pretty good with c++ at the moment (a good measure to describe my experience is by this sites tutorial, i fully understand it and know what to use when needed and how it works and mostly solve algorithmic exercises).
thanks in advance for any help!
Are you having trouble with C++ or the GUI toolkit? If it is the GUI toolkit, then you should read the documentation. If it is C++ you are having trouble with, the tutorials on this website teach you a good amount of C++, they do not teach you everything. They will also not teach you how to use C++, that is learned by practice.
I would recommend learning the GUI toolkit (The basics, don't worry about learning every part of the toolkit). If you need to pick a GUI toolkit to learn, I would suggest FLTK.
i mean i finished learning all of the subjects from this sites tutorial and practiced a lot while opening more sources on other sites and learning subjects like polymorphism more in depth + hearing a lot of lectures and microsoft presentations and at this point i think i'm pretty decent with c++ the problem is i cant find any good explanation on lets say windows forms in visual studio 2015 and how to create gui applications with it (programming buttons and other stuff) as all of the ones i found for something as simple as a gui calculator with c++ was like they jump in the middle i didn't understand why and where i should/shouldn't code they don't explain the command lines in a way i can understand how to use it or what it even does and it looks very different from writing console application programs (i mean the way you write in multiple private sections that have what i assume as the same class as it is not explained at all) but apart from that i understand the preproccessor directives like #pragma and all of the other logical operations and loops as they are really easy for me at this point.
SHORTER QUESTION:can you recommend any site with a tutorial/lectures/videos on youtube that explain everything i need to know to start making windows applications/software in visual studio 2015 with windows forms?
A calculator is a bit too complicated for a beginner. Try first to create a Windows forms app in VS.
The first control to learn should be a label. Drag some on the form and change the text, font color...
Have a look here:
http://www.functionx.com/vccli/controls/label.htm
http://www.functionx.com/vccli/index.htm
Here is Microsoft's page on Windows Forms: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd30h2yb(v=vs.110).aspx
thanks for the links! exactly what i was looking for!
Try Microsoft visual studio and make Windows forms application.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.