windows networking

I have a solid grasp of c++ in general and decided to narrow my path to networking i learned about subnet masks and various protocols (tcp,udp...) but now when i try to find a good explanation on how to manipulate my network programmatically with c++ i cant find any explanations.
my goal was (and still is) to divide my network into isolated subnets and play around with them until i fully grasp how networking works the problem is i didn't find any tutorials for c++ any suggestions on how can i achieve my goal ?
closed account (E0p9LyTq)
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2843277/c-winsock-p2p/2920787#2920787
i found explanations like these but they don't answer my main question of how to divide your network into isolated subnets with c++ the link you sent is basic networking.
i'l just add a reference point: if you use linux on a server you can use commands in the terminal to set the subnet mask and isolate certain subnets i'm trying to achieve the same but on windows and with the use of c++ is it possible ? (which i believe it is) and if it is possible which library should i use and what tutorial should i start with (i'm familiar with sockets but by no means proficient) ?
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.