why JTAG Voltage of zero error message

I have a ATSAM4SD32B(http://www.kynix.com/Parts/161618/ATSAM4SD32BA-MUR.html) dev board, which is connected to my laptop via USB. I also connected the board to a JTAG debugger/programmer. When I try to query the Device signature, I get the following error message:
19:29:18: [ERROR] Error connecting to device over JTAG, ModuleName: TCF (TCF command: Device:startSession failed.)
19:29:18: [WARNING] Read voltage 0.0V is outside selected device's operating range: 1.6 V to 3.6 V.
Atmel Studio Device Programming Window
I looked in the user manual, and it says if the board is not connected, I would see zero voltage. But the board is connected to the USB port of my laptop; so is the JTAG. They are connected to two different USB ports. The manual also advised to run JTAG commander, which I did. What give?
I measured the voltage and it was zero. I did it when JTAG was not connected to the board assuming that JATAG was the receiver and the power source would be the board.
The manual stated to run JTAG commander a couple of times and I did. I just noticed that the last message stated to connect. But I am stuck at the point you see in the pick. I am not sure what it means, or what to do with it.
I measured the voltage on pin 1 and pin 2, and it was zero. There was some noise around .01 volts and .09 volts, but that is it. Here is a schematic of the JTAG interface from the board's documents:

Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.