F1 - F6 and F10 not working

I had created a win32 application that uses API to create and manipulate main windows and the corresponding control (button, edit, static, combobox...). The application running well except that the function keys F1 through F6 and F10 are not working.

I tried catching WM_KEYDOWN message but I think it is triggering a different message. I had checked different articles on msdn.microsoft.com site, they mentioned that F10 sends WM_SYSKEYDOWN. However, what about remaining keys F1 - F6?
Furthermore, I think it is important to mention that F7, F8, F9, F11 are working and I was able to assign a certain functionality to them through WM_KEYDOWN message.

In addition to the above, I tried to include 'ctrl' key (i.e. 'ctrl' + 's' to save) in my application, but also it didn't work. The application recognized the 's' key for example but not the 'ctrl' key.

Any help or any ideas?

Thanks in advance
Ahmad
It works for me.
case WM_KEYDOWN:
{
    if (wParam == VK_F1)
   {
      MessageBox(hwnd, "F1 pressed", "Message", MB_OK);
   }
}
On my side, it is working for F7, F8, F9 and F11. However, F4, F5, F6 and F10 are not working. F1, F2 and F3 were not tested as I don't need to use them.

Besides, I tried to know what message does VK_F3 or VK_F5 for example sends, but with no clue
F1 - F9 works. For F10 you need WM_SYSKEYDOWN
VK_F1, VK_F2... are virtual key codes, the message is WM_KEYDOWN.
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dd375731(v=vs.85).aspx
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.