lib error

Pages: 12
here is my log

1>------ Build started: Project: game test, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>Compiling...
1>source.cpp
1>Linking...
1>LINK : C:\Users\user\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\game test\Debug\game test.exe not found or not built by the last incremental link; performing full link
1>LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'LIBCMT' conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library
1>Embedding manifest...
1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\Users\user\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\game test\game test\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
1>game test - 0 error(s), 1 warning(s)
========== Build: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

here is my code
#include "darkGDK.h"

void DarkGDK (void)
{
 dbSyncOn ( );
dbSyncRate ( 60 );
dbLoadObject("level1.x",1);
while ( LoopGDK ( ) )
{
dbSync ( );
}
return;
}

does anyone know what is happening here? I am using visual studio 2008 with the dark GDK development kit.
You need to tell us what libraries you are linking into the project?
if I am linking any libraries into the project I am not aware of it.
Well, VS is giving you some stupid error. I am guessing that your .NET environment is perhaps having issues with multiple versions?

You could either, ignore it or add "/NODEFAULTLIB:LIBCMT" to your compiler flags. But I am not sure how this would affect functionality.
closed account (z05DSL3A)
cyberpirate,

Just a thought, Can you do a release build without errors/warnings? It could be somthing like in debug it is trying to link to both the debug and release version of the lib.
I have seen this before, I had to put LIBCMT in the exclude list in the project link properties to fix it. I haven't got VS in front of me so I can't be more specific than that
it doesn't even build in release mode. Where should I put LIBCMT?
Go to the project menu, select properties. In the dialog box, navigate the tree on the left to Configuration Properties->Linker->Input. Then in the right hand side add the lib file name to Ignore Specific Library. Do this of all configurations that have the problem.

HTH
Last edited on
I did that and got this!

1>------ Build started: Project: game test, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>Linking...
1>system.lib(dxdiaginfo.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __invalid_parameter_noinfo
1>convx.lib(ConvX.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __invalid_parameter_noinfo
1>convmd3.lib(ConvMD3.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __invalid_parameter_noinfo
1>convmdl.lib(ConvMDL.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __invalid_parameter_noinfo
1>basic3D.lib(ProcessHSR.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __invalid_parameter_noinfo
1>world.lib(Patch.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __invalid_parameter_noinfo
1>multiplayer.lib(CNetwork.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __invalid_parameter_noinfo
1>system.lib(CSystemC.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __invalid_parameter_noinfo
1>basic3D.lib(cLightMaps.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __invalid_parameter_noinfo
1>basic3D.lib(NVMeshMenderD3DX.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __invalid_parameter_noinfo
1>basic3D.lib(CBSPTree.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __invalid_parameter_noinfo
1>basic3D.lib(CCompiler.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __invalid_parameter_noinfo referenced in function "public: void __thiscall cCompiler::Release(void)" (?Release@cCompiler@@QAEXXZ)
1>display.lib(CGfxC.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __invalid_parameter_noinfo
1>basic3D.lib(DBOFormat.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __invalid_parameter_noinfo
1>basic3D.lib(Universe.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __invalid_parameter_noinfo
1>basic3D.lib(CSG.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __invalid_parameter_noinfo
1>C:\Users\joseph\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\game test\Debug\game test.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\Users\user\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\game test\game test\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
1>game test - 17 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
OK, this means that you have several functions in that library that are needed but that there are also conflicts with other functions. There is no easy answer to this one, but you will need to remove LIBCMT from the ignore specific library list.

I am assuming that you have additional dependency libraries in the properties input page. One of them is redefining one or more functions in LIBCMT which is causing your original warning.

If you have these additional libraries defined, take them out one at a time and see if you can make the warning go away. If you're lucky, it will go away without generating any further errors and you'll have fixed your problem. Otherwise I suspect you will have to live with the warning.

Perhaps someone else can come up with a better way.
cyberpirate,

Can you reset your project back to the original settings, rebuild, and post the build log?
the first build log I posted is the original build log. It compiles, but when I run it nothing happens, it just shows a black box.
That looks like just the output window part of the build log. if you notice the last part of that text there is a line

If you hold the CTRL key down and click on the link it will open the full build log, if you can post that we should be able to see all the info with ragards to the compiler/linker switches.
Build Log Build started: Project: game test, Configuration: Debug|Win32
Command Lines Creating temporary file "c:\Users\user\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\game test\game test\Debug\RSP00000627965212.rsp" with contents
[
/Od /D "_MBCS" /Gm /EHsc /RTC1 /MDd /Fo"Debug\\" /Fd"Debug\vc90.pdb" /W3 /c /ZI /TP ".\source.cpp"
]
Creating command line "cl.exe @"c:\Users\user\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\game test\game test\Debug\RSP00000627965212.rsp" /nologo /errorReport:prompt"
Creating temporary file "c:\Users\user\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\game test\game test\Debug\RSP00000727965212.rsp" with contents
[
/OUT:"C:\Users\user\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\game test\Debug\game test.exe" /MANIFEST /MANIFESTFILE:"Debug\game test.exe.intermediate.manifest" /MANIFESTUAC:"level='asInvoker' uiAccess='false'" /DEBUG /PDB:"c:\Users\user\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\game test\Debug\game test.pdb" /DYNAMICBASE /NXCOMPAT /MACHINE:X86 kernel32.lib user32.lib gdi32.lib winspool.lib comdlg32.lib advapi32.lib shell32.lib ole32.lib oleaut32.lib uuid.lib odbc32.lib odbccp32.lib

".\Debug\source.obj"
]
Creating command line "link.exe @"c:\Users\user\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\game test\game test\Debug\RSP00000727965212.rsp" /NOLOGO /ERRORREPORT:PROMPT"
Creating temporary file "c:\Users\user\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\game test\game test\Debug\RSP00000827965212.rsp" with contents
[
/outputresource:"..\Debug\game test.exe;#1" /manifest

".\Debug\game test.exe.intermediate.manifest"
]
Creating command line "mt.exe @"c:\Users\user\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\game test\game test\Debug\RSP00000827965212.rsp" /nologo"
Creating temporary file "c:\Users\user\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\game test\game test\Debug\BAT00000927965212.bat" with contents
[
@echo Manifest resource last updated at %TIME% on %DATE% > ".\Debug\mt.dep"
]
Creating command line """c:\Users\user\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\game test\game test\Debug\BAT00000927965212.bat"""
Output Window Compiling...
source.cpp
Linking...
LINK : C:\Users\user\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\game test\Debug\game test.exe not found or not built by the last incremental link; performing full link
LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'LIBCMT' conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library
Embedding manifest...
Results Build log was saved at "file://c:\Users\user\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\game test\game test\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
game test - 0 error(s), 1 warning(s)
I may be talking out the top of my head here, but you could try changing one of your compiler options.

Go to the project menu, select properties. In the dialog box, navigate the tree on the left to Configuration Properties->C/C++->Code Generation. Then in the right hand side locate Runtime library and set it to Multi-threaded (/MT). Do this of all configurations that have the problem.

If this dosen't work, I'll download DarkGDK and see if I can recreate the warning (but that might not be till the back end of the weekend.
@Grey Wolf

I'm curious. What behind your thinking there or is it just a hunch? I'm asking because I'm always looking for tips with VS.
bnbertha,

My thinking is this: LIBCMT is the C runtime library that is linked to with the /MT switch. If there is a conflict between this library (LIBCMT) and the project (compiled with /MDd) that would use use MSC?? (can't remember the exact name) then DarkGDK must be compiled with /MT switch.

Bit of a ramble, but do you get the idea? does it make sense?
Last edited on
I think I get it, I was also wondering about the /RTC1 switch. Is that the real time one, if it is isn't there a real time equivalent to LIBCMT?

EDIT: Nope thats run time checks isn't it? I've done some digging and that error is caused by different elements of the project linking different versions of the same library, like you say MT and single threaded or the other example I found was release and debug versions.
Last edited on
/RTCx, is Run Time Error checking.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/8wtf2dfz(VS.80).aspx

EDIT: Posting while you where editing. ;0)
Last edited on
i did that and got and error in just about every library possible :(
the build log even exceeded the max posting char.
Pages: 12