Where's "Visual C" on the Microsoft store?

I tried finding it, and only got suggestions for a totally unrelated Dragonball Z game, books, and some russian apps.

Are Microsoft products seriously not on the Microsoft store?

I just wanted to see how much it cost, etc. But it's not even there. What gives? Xcode is on the app store right?
I don't think there is a Microsoft product called "Visual C".
Visual C++ is for both C and C++.
Visual C# is for C#.
closed account (E0p9LyTq)
Visual Studio isn't an app that can run on just any Windows device. That is what the Microsoft Store is for.

Someone can create, test and upload a store app using Visual Studio.
Ah OK. I was thinking you could get any downloadable Microsoft merch there that was for sale. Didn't realize it needed full cross-platform compatibility. Thanks!
The offline installation setup archive of just the English components of Visual Studio 2017 Community is about 50GBs. It could be larger, I haven't updated my install archive since a couple of version upgrades were released.

Installing common components for C++ programming, debugging, etc, chews up about 10GB. Just a small fraction of the available components.

The installation spreads components all over the place, not just in the user specified directory.

Each version upgrade gobbles up more space without adding more installed components.

Visual Studio is not a slim app at all.
yeah it's so slow on startup even there is enough RAM
yeah it's so slow on startup even there is enough RAM

Same computer, Code:::Blocks takes much longer (over a minute longer) to load compared to VS.
Ive got it installed and working after buying an SSD to install it partly onto drive D (there's 32GB SSD soldered onto the mainboard)... creating a new windows project gives me a starter with around 200 lines of code. So now its time to start learning the Windows API I guess. Where did everyone else start?
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.