Two simple (?) programs

I am an absolute C++ newbie, unable at the moment to write something useful in this language. Normally all my programming needs I am able to fulfill by AutoHotkey, but as a component of an AHK project I would need two slim "external" tools. Therefore my question here: Can this be done in C++?

The first tool, Unjoin.exe, should be really slim, < 50 kB (?), and fast (and its speed should not be affected too much by Windows Defender––did you realize what an incredible impact the real-time protection of WD has on some programs?!).

The tool should unjoin (unconcatenate) files (binary and/or text files) joined together with a specific delimiter string between each two files, and should be used with start parameters in such a way:

Unjoin.exe [-i:FileToBeUnjoined] [-d:DelimiterString] [-o:OutputPath] [-r:FileToBeRun] [ParametersToBePassedToRunFile]

with default values for all parameters. A typical delimiter string could be e.g. ;;==,,.

The second tool Start.exe should be a simple starter programm:

Start.exe [-r:FileToBeRun] [ParametersToBePassedToRunFile]

Again, this tool should be slim, and default parameters should be set.

Can this be implemented in C++? If yes, where in this forum site would be allowed to ask if someone here could write such tools for me?

Thank you very much in advance!

Last edited on
Windows already has builtin 'start' command.

Does the "unjoin" mean same as "split"?
keskiverto, thank you for your interest!

Start: You mean the DOS command? My Start.exe must be an exe file, due to the specific setting of my project.

Split: Yes, if you want, splitting on specific delimiter strings, as described. I know there are many splitting tools, but I need an own code (for both tools) which I could adapt to variable needs.
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.