Good Visual Studio C++ Tutorial

I'm trying to figure out Visual Studio C++. I know pretty much how to navigate through the interface of it, what I want to learn about is ways use it. Namely Windows Forms, There's a bunch of videos on the Microsoft website, but they are not grouped at all and are on more advanced things than I don't know yet. (It didn't seem like any of them were about Windows Forms at all as well).

Anyway, a step by step tutorial with examples would be amazing.

PS, sorry if there is a good one that I should have found but google keeps turning up nothing that seems relevant.
IF you're willing to pay money, and are fairly new to C++, I'd recommend "Learn Visual C++" By Ivor Horton, Published by Wrox.

He's an incredibly man, he gives the best lessons on C++ I have ever seen.

If you look at the Amazon.com Used and New section, you can get some pretty decent books on Windows Programming for fairly cheap. I have (quite literally) 17 programming books, and none of them (with shipping included in this figure) have cost me more than 8 dollars.

Here is an example of the used and new page
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/0764543881/ref=pd_bbs_sr_olp_9?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1216904994&sr=8-9

This is for a fairly old version of visual studio. Obviously, newer books tend to cost more than the older ones, but Visual C++ hasn't really changed much since VS6, except the .NET platform, which I don't use anyway

I would check it out, you can get a lot of good books fairly cheaply on it.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.