Regarding Resources.

Hi ,
I was reading a tutorial on windows programming . I want to know how to add resources in visual studio 2010 . I am facing problems in doing it .
Thanks , in advance for any help .
Without knowing more, I'll try to answer your question.

First, if you are using the Express edition you'll have to create your resource outside of VS 2010.

Even though I have the full version of VS 2008 and the full trial version of VS 2010, I still never use their built-in editor. Instead I use ResEdit (freeware) and then simply copy the code to VS.

You can find ResEdit here -- http://www.resedit.net/

If you have the full version of VS then simply create a resource file from within VS. A resource file has the extension .rc

If you have the Express version of VS, create a resource file with a text editor such as WordPad, but be sure that you name it with the extension .rc

Once you've done that, place that file in the same folder as your .cpp and .h files. Then from within VS, under the Resource Files folder in your project, simply add that file to your project.

That's as far as I can go without knowing more SPECIFICALLY where you are having problesm.

However, note that if you have created your RC file outside of VS, instead of double-clicking on it to open it, right-click and choose "view code"
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.