Entry Point must be defined

I am starting a roguelike game, and the code is pretty simple. I am using Microsoft Visual C++, and I don't get any errors in the code, but when I try to build it, I get the error "LINK : fatal error LNK1561: entry point must be defined". I don't get errors in the code, and I am using the header files (ExtendedWin32Console.h" and "conio.h". The actual code doesn't have errors. I have tried to figure this out but I just can't seem to get it to be fixed. And when I double click the error to see where it is, I get a message saying "The System cannot find the File Specified".

NOTE: I have just started, and I am working on moving the ASCII Character around the screen.
Do you have an integer returning function called "main"?
Yes, I have

int main( void )

Edit: Nevermind, got confused. Got any code to show? Have you compiled other files before?
Last edited on
The problem is in your project setup. Check that you have the correct type of project selected (console application?) and that you are creating a .exe file instead of .lib or .dll.

I've only ever gotten this message when I've forgotten to add an
 int main() { 
//stuff...

return 0;
}

Also, just as a thought, right click on your project and select properties. Then select: "Configuration Properties > Linker > System" and ensure that the SubSystem is set correctly Console (/SUBSYSTEM:CONSOLE)
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.