Visual C++ 2010 - File not Found

Hi Guys,

When I try and compile a project, I am receiving the following error:

Unable to start program 'C:\Users\Giridhaar\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\gg\Debug\gg.exe'

The system cannot find the file specified.

I am creating the project by selecting the following:

- Empty Project

- Source File >> Add >> New Item >> C++ File

This is the method I have used in the past and have had no issues.

The odd thing is, I copied the code from an existing project to the one above. I did this because I was unable to edit the code in the original project (after compiling, the program did
not appear to be reading the added code). Anyone know the reason for this as well?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Kind Regards,

Giri

Last edited on
What is the output in the output window of Visual Studio 2010 (not Visual Basic) when you compile your project?
Hi webJose,

I'm not sure why I wrote Visual Basic. Below is the output I receive in the output box at the
bottom of the screen.

When I delete the code containing the errors, the program compiles correctly. If I subsequently re-enter the code containing the errors the program compiles correctly. However, any new additions I make to the code from this point on does not show...

1>------ Build started: Project: gg, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>  asdf.cpp
1>c:\users\giridhaar\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\gg\gg\asdf.cpp(33): warning C4244: 'initializing' : conversion from 'double' to 'int', possible loss of data
1>c:\users\giridhaar\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\gg\gg\asdf.cpp(69): warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'double' to 'int', possible loss of data
1>c:\users\giridhaar\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\gg\gg\asdf.cpp(79): error C2065: 'y' : undeclared identifier
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Kind Regards,

Giri
If you take a closer look, there is one error in line 79 of file asdf.cpp. The executable gg.exe will not appear until you are able to successfully compile, meaning you must correct any and all errors.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.