Download Header FIles

Hi iv'e downloaded Visual C++ however all of the basic header files such as <iostream> and <cstdlib> haven't downloaded. DOes anybody know wheer I can download all of the basic c++ header files. I know how to install them and I am to lazy to redownload visual c++ or a different compiler

ty
Visual C++ should be installed, and when installed it creates/configures everything it needs.
All I know is that the only header files that installed are <crtversion> and <srv>. None of the others have been installed. If anybody can tell me whats gone wrong or just where I can download the basic header files for c++ that would be awesome
See if the Windows SDK is @ C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\Include. Then check C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\include for the STL header files.
Iv'e checked both of those places and there is no <iostream>, <cstdlib>, <cmath> or any other of the basic header files that I'm used to dealing with.
Then you did not install Visual C++ (yes, Visual Studio has multiple options regarding components to install, default all is checked).
I have checked both of the stated areas (C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\Include and C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\include) and I cannot find any of the header files <iostream>, <cstdlib>, <cmath> in either
It sounds like you need to reinstall or repair the installation.
done that plus full uninstall and reinstall atleast 3 times now
I just want the header files as a download
That sounds odd. What version of Visual Studio are you using? Did you select custom paths or some other customisation?
using visual C++ 10. no i used completely standard installation methods
I just installed VC++ 2010 from http://www.microsoft.com/visualstudio/en-us/products/2010-editions/visual-cpp-express in a newly installed VirtualBox virtual PC (Windows 7 Pro SP1 english). The web installer downloaded an additional 148 MB to conclude the installation. I did not select Silverlight or SQL Server Express.

The end result: I got all the expected header files in the two folders I mentioned. If this doesn't happen for you, I can only recommend that you seek Microsoft support in the Microsoft Answers forum.
Do you get errors if you #include <iostream> in a project?
I think you have some crap copy of Visual Studio with C++ language support removed most likely downloaded from torrent sites. Please get the original edition directly from Microsoft website.

Why are you interested in header files location ? In my case, I did not even bother about their location as far as all projects compiles successfully.
Well, as you can tell from my test, that Url installs correctly under Windows 7 Pro SP1. Request Microsoft Support @ Microsoft Answers.
The installer have custom mode, please choose that and make sure that "C++ language" is selected, do not choose default install mode.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.