Looking to make a timer w/ interface

I'm looking to start a project to make a timer program that allows easy-to-use features such as click to start, time remaining displayed, as well as easy programmability. I'd like for this to be done as swiftly as possible. If you're familiar with doing anything with Windows Forms or know how to install and work any of the libraries out there that allow you to make GUI's with visual studio then please message me. Thanks.
Well, if you are aiming for fast development, take the .Net route. Either Windows Forms or WPF will serve you well. It will be fast; it will be easy.
I've got the basic outline of my app but I can't get any of the code for the timer to use the tools I have. Right now I've got rich text boxes that when my buttons get pressed, text is printed in the text boxes. What I want is for when the button is pressed that it calls a function that does my timer stuff. When I try to add the function in I get all kinds of compiling errors and it doesn't like where I'm trying to put the function. I'm not familiar with the Windows Form class structures. Its being a pain.
Well, you can take some time and learn Windows Forms or you can go back to what you know. It is up to you, really.

If you want to go the Windows Forms route and you get stuck after reading the basics, post a question in the MSDN forums.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.