Two Views in one SDI Frame at the same time.

I'm relatively new to MFC programming and need some help with a problem. I intend to write a utility that displays an image on one side of the window, and some index fields on the left side. As I envision this sort of thing, I believe I need two "View" windows within a single parent "Frame" window. As far as I know, no Document is necessary as I do not intend to save any data.

I intend to allow the user to adjust the image window width and height within the parent window. The user can anchor the image window to the top-left or top-right of the main Frame and resize the Image relative to the Frame. For example, the Frame might be 800x800, but the image View can be 400x400 and anchored to the upper-right of the Frame. So, Image window will overlap the Text window (an L-shaped Text window), but as text is entered in the text window the image window will not be overwritten with text.

I have some code that partially solves this problem, but it has taken me a great deal of time to write it. I find that some of the more complicated issues can be solved simply in MFC. My main problem is that the second call to CWnd.Create is not displayed as a "View" in the SDI Frame. It seems that only the first ID of the Child Window in sequence is the only View that CWnd.Create draws on the screen.

How do I make the program draw a second CWnd-based View in the SDI Frame? I can include source code if you want, but it is rather lengthy.
If you want to create a windows explorer-like application use a splitter window container, read documentation in MSDN.

WTL has a project template for this.
Thanks for the reply. I don't want a Windows Explorer-like application. As far as I know (I've researched splitter windows) Splitter windows don't offer the features I need, such as sizing height independently relative to the parent Frame.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.