Visual Studio Express help

after using dev-c++ as my IDE i was informed to try code::blocks or visual studio express. I decided on VSE and after a bit of playing around, i was finally able to get it to build and run my code for a simple cout<< test. then when i try to do a cin>> it errors and doesnt compile. do i need to do std:: before it even though i have using namespace std; where i include my libraries? i dont think i need to, but i could be wrong i guess. any thought?
If you tell us the error message we can tell you how to fix it.
i wont be able to post that untill i get home from work in a coule hours, thanks anyways, i just thought it would have been a simple straightforward fix, like maybe since i dunno how to use the program, that i wasnt doing something i was supposed to do when using cin>>
Last edited on
I expect you've just got a syntax error in your code.
i suppose that could be it, i do kinda suck at coding haha... i only do it because i really enjoy it
actually. dont bother with the c++. my ultimate goal is to help my 2 friends on our game. We started making a game and i havent been able to help much, my programming knowledge is limited, and i dont even know the language we are using, which happens to be Java. and i want to learn java to help them out, because one is the programmer, while the other manages our website and does the networking and server/database stuff.

i just kind of help with whatever they dont feel like doing, usually nothing much, so i want to be able to help in some way... so if you know any good Java tutorials, could you post a link?

i appreaciate the help though
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.