A bunch of questions

Hi :)
*I'm developing a Map Editor for my game and I wonder if there's any way to make it the default program for a certain extension Automaticlly? (with code or with Inno Setup Compiler)
*When I'm developing a pure Win32 program and I have some textboxes, sometimes when no textbox is selected and I press some button it clears all of my textboxes and for now on, the program "thinks" the textboxes are all empty.
Can anybody tell me why?
*Does anybody know why when developing with DevC++ and enabling XP themes in the project options it doesn't work with Windows XP?

Thanks a lot!!
Register your program extension string as default key under HKCR\.ext
Create HKCR\<string here>\shell\open\command and write full path to exe there.

You can look with regedit how other programs handle their associated extensions.
- Another way to associate a file type with an extension is to go to Control Panel -> Folder Options, then click the "File Types" tab and click the "New" button. Enter the file extension in the box that pops up and click "OK", this will add the file extension to the list of extensions. Find the one you added, select it, then click the "Change" button located next to the "Opens with:" text in about the middle of the window. This will allow you to navigate to the application you wish to use to open that file type. Keep in mind that moving the application after this will break that association.

- I would need more detail for the second question, and we would probably need to see some source code.

- Probably because this is a user preference and Windows doesn't care what the application wants to look like.
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.