Visual Basic C++ Help

I was wondering if anyone could help. I'm sure it's simple, and something people will think I am stupid for not knowing how to do! How do I make a treeView or anything maximize with the actual window when it is maximized? I do not want to Dock in Parent, I still want some of the background of the window showing.
Last edited on
I am unsure why the title has "Visual Basic" in it. A window procedure receives the WM_SIZE message whenever the window changes width or height. Process this message and simply resize the treeview (or whatever controls).
I have no idea what you said to tell you the truth and VB is in the title because I am using
"Visual Basic C++ 2008 Express"
He said that because there exists Visual Basic 2008 Express (to handle the visual basic language) and Visual Studio C++ 2008 Express (to handle the c++ language).

There is no "Visual Basic C++ 2008 Express" nor is there a Visual Basic C++ programming language. Maybe you downloaded a packaged that installed both VB and C++ (separately and mutually exclusive from each other).

Like webJose said, process the WM_SIZE message and u'll be able to resize any control or background u want.
Ok I am not trying to start an argument here, I just had a question. And what do you mean by "process the WM_SIZE" ?
It sounds like you don't know how to program Windows programs. I recommend that you learn how to program Windows applications first. I hear www.winprog.org is OK for teaching how to program for Windows. Check that site's tutorial first.
I use the designer more, I can do simple things such as making a button make a progress bar start. Simple things, but thank for this link!
That 'designer' does not generate C++ code. There are other libraries/designers that can do it.
Look I have half the idea what you guys are talking about. I will just have to dock it in parent even though I wanted to add a border on the background!
I want to learn c++ programming .Could u guys please help me
Last edited on
I want to learn c++ programming .Could u guys please help me

http://cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/

Enjoy
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.