Windows API/Open GL Tutorials

I have been searching around for some sites for Open GL or Windows API tutorials , and I have only found these:

http://nehe.gamedev.net/
- This site seems to be outdated, because I tried to copy and paste the code from lesson 1 into my compiler and it didn't work.

http://www.winprog.org/tutorial/

Does anyone know any good sites for Graphics tutorials? Suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Your best bet would be books, at this point in a language sites arent very much help anymore.
What errors are you getting? Two common mistakes for beginners using Opengl are not linking to the libraries and not having all of the DLL files in place. You do need to do more then just copy and paste, but these tutorials should be fine up until Lesson 6 where the age of the tutorial starts to show and the author tells you to include a texturing header file that isn't supported anymore.
These are all the errors I got.

1>  NeheTutorials.cpp
1>c:\documents and settings\admin\my documents\visual studio 2010\projects\nehetutorials\nehetutorials\nehetutorials.cpp(10): warning C4627: '#include <gl\gl.h>': skipped when looking for precompiled header use
1>          Add directive to 'StdAfx.h' or rebuild precompiled header
1>c:\documents and settings\admin\my documents\visual studio 2010\projects\nehetutorials\nehetutorials\nehetutorials.cpp(11): warning C4627: '#include <gl\glu.h>': skipped when looking for precompiled header use
1>c:\documents and settings\admin\my documents\visual studio 2010\projects\nehetutorials\nehetutorials\nehetutorials.cpp(12): warning C4627: '#include <gl\glaux.h>': skipped when looking for precompiled header use
1>c:\documents and settings\admin\my documents\visual studio 2010\projects\nehetutorials\nehetutorials\nehetutorials.cpp(404): fatal error C1010: unexpected end of file while looking for precompiled header. Did you forget to add '#include "StdAfx.h"' to your source?
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
Also, which do you guys prefer? OpenGL or Windows ?
Also, which do you guys prefer? OpenGL or Windows ?

Yes.

As for your errors, it looks like MSVS wants you to edit the instance of 'stdafx.h' for this project and add these headers there?
How would I do that? I tried adding the headers to "stdfax.h" but I still got the same error. I also included "stdfax.h" on the first line of my file, before the comments.
It looks like MSVS wants to have 'StdAfx.h' at the top of every source file (.cpp). Try putting it in every .cpp file before any other headers.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.