looking for help with direct input

I am using visual c++ 8 express edition, and I am looking for some executeable code that will let me set background exclusive keyboard access for data style immediate and data style buffered.

The sample I am using claims that it does not allow this because of "security reasons." What does this mean also?

I really want to use a sample that I can set and check interactions with my code.

Difficult, ?

Joshua
Last edited on
I'm guessing that you are trying to get as close to the keyboard as possible so that key inputs are not intecepted by any other application, am I right?

Normally applications get keystrokes directly from OS. The closest that you can get to windows is using Win32. If you have an edit-box selected, then keyboard inputs will go directly to the edit-boxes WndProc.

If you want to get closer to the keyboard so that even your OS doesn't read it as a keyboard, you'll need to create your own driver for the keyboard. This has the disadvantage that your client can only use keyboards supported by your driver.
How do I explain...the application I wrote has the keyboard cooperation level set at foreground non exclusive. I am wondering if another application set at background exclusive/non exclusive will my foreground application recieve input as well as the background does if it is polling? SO that really I believe they will both take input from the keyboard: the same input and when background aplication shuts down my application will keep recieving input keyboard too.

Joshua
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.