winet.h

Nonmally I program in perl, but now decided to write some network programs in c++. But im having some problems getting started to say the least. I have Borland C++ 5.5.1 for Win32 for console applications and I want to use wininet.h. Like so(I've stripped everything,it just needs to compile):
#include<windows.h>
#include<wininet.h>
using namespace std;
int main(){
HINTERNET connect = InternetOpen("brow",INTERNET_OPEN_TYPE_PRECONFIG,NULL, NULL, 0);
return 0;
}
I found a number of examples on the internet and this should be ok. But this is the error i get
:
Error: Unresolved external 'InternetOpenA' referenced from C:\BORLAND\MYSOURCE\I
N.OBJ

Can someone confirm to me that this indeed compiles, and explain what is the exact problem here? Thank you in advance
You're missing the LIB. See http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa385096(v=vs.85).aspx for the LIB's name (near the bottom of the page): wininet.lib.

In MS Visual Studio you can add #pragma comment(lib, "wininet.lib") to your code file and then the linker would pick it up correctly. I don't know how to specify additional LIB's in Borland's software.
yezzz thank you ver much.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.