Most stealth IPC between two networked PCs

I'm not a software engineer.. just a project manager working on a proof-of-concept project. I currently have two apps that talk to each other via a TCPIP connection (process on host PC listens on a TCPIP port, process on client PC connects to the port on the host PC).

I was hoping someone knew of clever unconventional/non-standard method to transfer data so it doesnt leave a filesystem/registry footprint AND doesn't trigger any type of firewall-related heuristic antiviruses.

I know that named pipes use the filesystem; which is out of the question. Windows messages, as far as I know, is limited to only one PC. Maybe, there's an obsolete or non-standard IPC that someone can think of.

Whoever is capable of doing this, I'm willing to hire them to replace the current TCPIP based IPC with their own method for this project. This can be discussed via PM. Or, at least suggest a method to do this on the forum.
I know that named pipes use the filesystem; which is out of the question

Who told you that ? Please post a link from documentation where it say that.
Okay, I probably should have rephrased what I said; but the point is still the same. I'm no coding expert, but at least I know that named pipes is a file system based IPC (uses Windows npfs.sys). Although Windows named pipes IPC doesn't use the normal filesystem (such as in Unix), it's still considered as file system activity as far as most antiviruses are concerned. That's why antiviruses can sometimes jam up legitimate named pipe operations; causing problems.

Here's an example:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/170338
"the anti-virus software treats the pipe as a file, and attempts to scan it"

Reference:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Named_pipe
--------
Last edited on
closed account (ozUkoG1T)
For me this seems to be a Malware Development also i am quite good at those things. By the way you can always FUD it via a crypters PM me for more help.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.