I am a 12 year old c++ expert

Pages: 12
I am a 12 year old c++ expert but unfortunately could not appear in the world because i have not passed any of the tests or didn't get any degree from an academy. Can someone tell me about an online test or a test center in Faisalabad?
I would be very thankful.
Closest is Calcutta.
join the club -6 years.
You don't need a certification or degree if you're already an expert. Just make screenshots and summaries of applications you've made if you're looking for work or want to join a team. That kind of stuff is way more valuable.
To be honest, I think it's just a trap of a troll -.-*
It is obviously. I mean how many 12 year old (as I read that I think he means he is a kid) C++ experts do you know? Especially when becoming a C++ expert takes probably a good 30+ years of dedication (and some programmers argue that you can never become a C++ expert as it has so much to learn that you can't learn it in a lifetime).
I am a 12 year old c++ expert

I am sure OP here means he has been programming in C++ for 12 years, and that he is in fact not 12 years old. Although that would be funny.
hay even if he's not 12 I'm 14
James Parsons wrote:
hay even if he's not 12 I'm 14

Well we aren't making fun of his age, we are poking fun at the fact that the way he worded it comes across as a 12 year old expert (which is impossible because some people say it takes 30+ years or so to be considered an 'expert' in almost any language).

Me, personally, I don't think you can ever truly become an expert in a language.
30 years? C++ isn't even 30 years old.

BHXSpecter wrote:
Me, personally, I don't think you can ever truly become an expert in a language.

I disagree. First let's define "Expert". An expert is not someone that knows "everything", an expert is someone who has a very large knowledge base on a subject. If that were untrue, the word wouldn't even exist in our language as it's impossible to know everything about anything (this is not specific to programming).
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/expert?s=t
http://www.websters-online-dictionary.org/definition/expert

Second, even if we did take your definition: "someone who knows everything", knowledge regarding programming is infinite, but the scope of a language is finite. A language supports limited syntax and semantics and yes, it is possible to know the entire langauge of C++. I'm sure Bjarne Stroustrup does. It's the application of the methods offered by the language that is infinite, that fits within the scope of general programming, not within the scope of a language.

That's just my 2 cents.
Last edited on
@Stewbond , thanks ,That really inspired me.
30 years? C++ isn't even 30 years old.

Commercially no, but it is 30 years old. Bjarne started developing it in 1979 only it was called C with Classes. in 1983 he changed the name to C++ and was commercially released outside of his labs in 1985.

As for expert, just because the word exists in our language doesn't mean anyone thinks a person is an expert. Look at how many people have 'experts' on news programs or seek their advice and then say things like "I don't agree with their assessment." Being an expert is a self-interest term in my opinion and I will never call myself an expert in anything no matter what my knowledge base is because I don't need that gratification to live my life.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/expert

Just because people (media is a poor example) misuse the word, doesn't mean the word means something else.
Damn, I thought I was awsome because I'm 15 and I now already have a nice command of C++, but it seems I'm not the only one...
closed account (9y8C5Di1)
I would neither define "expert" as a database, but rather a precise formulator of a database.

Look at how many people have 'experts' on news programs or seek their advice and then say things like "I don't agree with their assessment." Being an expert is a self-interest term in my opinion and I will never call myself an expert in anything no matter what my knowledge base is because I don't need that gratification to live my life.

I agree with your perspective, one should never call oneself an expert, and the reason is that it narrows your view, because it limits out further exploration.

We all suck because there is no limit to what can be perceived, and therefore we will never not suck.
Last edited on
So... I'm going with the theory that he's 12 years old and wants to make a name for himself as a kid genius. I like the idea that there are people out there like that. Get your name out there kid! Ganbatte!
i wonder if learning a programming language is like a foriegn language the eariler you learn the more natural it is for you(for example all US calls get sent to india and it is very hard to understand them sometimes)
supperpiccle wrote:
i wonder if learning a programming language is like a foriegn language the eariler you learn the more natural it is for you(for example all US calls get sent to india and it is very hard to understand them sometimes)

No. Programming languages require logical skills for being a good problem solver, foreign languages don't really require that skill set to learn them.
lol today i accedently spoke in c++.....i had told someboy something that a girl told me that i apparntly wasn't sopposed to say but it was kinda funny....she confronted me about it and i said "you have got to tell me whether this stuff is public or private!" lol i laughed....she was confused
closed account (3hM2Nwbp)
supperpiccle wrote:
"you have got to tell me whether this stuff is public or private!"

Doesn't matter. You're friends.
Pages: 12