qt GUI

I am trying to get qt to work on my windows xp system. I have been able to install qt creator, but it will not create an application. I think i am suppose to down load a library now. Can some one direct me to a step by step that explains all the different options to install qt. I have VS2010, CodeBlocks and now Qt Creator. I am trying to get something to write a GUI and it has been frustrating so far. I have tried in vain to get wxWidgets to work in CodeBlocks with no luck. Now I am trying Qt with qt Creator.
With regards to QT Creator/QT libraries - What did you actually download - give the link you used so we can see what you are actually doing.
I gave up and removed qt creator 2.6.2 and the qt-win-opensource-4.8.4-mingw.exe library. When i tried to install the library, it wanted the location of the GCC 4.4 or above. So I down loaded qu-windows-opensource-5.0.1-mingw47_32-x86-offline.exe and that did the trick. All the componets it needed are included apparently and it seems to be working. I also have qt-win-opensource-4.8.4-vs2010.exe and am going to try to get that working with visual studios.

Any help would be appreciated and thanks for responding to my post
With regards to using QT with MSVC 2008 or 2010 or 2012 - then QT does a plugin for these which makes creating projects in MSVC a breeze.

Note: this plugin does not work with the Express versions of Visual Studio.

Note: One annoying thing about QT is that it has changed hands twice in the last
few years (First Nokia bought it - now it has sold it to Digia -but the Nokia QT is still on the web so it is easy to get confused - but I assume you know all that already).
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.