emulation of scroolwheel

Hi guys,

first of all pleas excuse my rather bad English spelling. Well I am searching for a way to emulate a scrollwheel rotation. I need to scroll much more sensitive than the scrollwheel on the mouse does. Unfortunately I can not simply use keyboard emulation of up/down arrows. I've been programming vb.net for some years (hobby) and got to know some nice code in .NET which realises "all my dreams". It makes use of user32.

Private Declare Function GetAsyncKeyState Lib "user32" (ByVal vkey As Integer) As Short
    Private Declare Sub mouse_event Lib "user32" Alias "mouse_event" (ByVal dwFlags As Integer, ByVal dx As Integer, ByVal dy As Integer, ByVal cbuttons As Integer, ByVal dwExtraInfo As Integer)
    Private Const MOUSEEVENT_WHEEL = &H800 'die entscheidende constante [dwFlag]

Dim SCROLLUP As Integer = 120       'Scrollgeschwindigkeit hoch
    Dim SCROLLDOWN As Integer = -120    'Scrollgeschwindigkeit runter

'call:
    'mouse_event(MOUSEEVENT_WHEEL, 0, 0, SCROLLDOWN, 0) 

Unfortunately I am quiet new to Cpp but I have been doing a few basic things with C. But I never came to include more than math.h, stdio.h an so on. So can somebody help me to realise this in C++? The first thing I'm rather sure about is, that I need to include windows.h but that's where my knowlede gets to an end.

So thanks for helping me

greetings from Germany

Michael
The port of that code to C++ is:
#include <windows.h>

#define SCROLLUP 120
#define SCROLLUP -120
mouse_event(MOUSEEVENT_WHEEL, 0, 0, SCROLLDOWN, 0);

For more information see MSDN documentation:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms646260(v=vs.85).aspx
Hi thanks a lot, well unfortunately nothing works. My code:

#include <iostream>
#include <windows.h>

#define SCROLLUP 120
#define SCROLLDOWN -120

int main(void)
{
using namespace std;
}

Following Errors occure at the line containing:
- Invalid Arguments ' Candidates are: void mouse_event(unsigned long int,unsigned long int,unsigned long int,unsigned long int,unsigned long int) '
- Symbol 'MOUSEEVENT_WHEEL' could not be resolved

In fact I do miss the
Private Const MOUSEEVENT_WHEEL = &H800
but I don't know how to realise that =)

Thanks

Michael

From the MSDN link I posted there is MOUSEEVENTF_WHEEL which is defined as 0x0800

Why don't you read the documentation ? If you do, all of this looks much easier. And also please read what exactly this function do.
Okay I think I need to do this more in detail. But I think I know what this function does - from MSDN: "The mouse_event function synthesizes mouse motion and button clicks". That is exactly what I want to do. I just don't know how to include correctly and how to "call" the function correctly. In my eyes the mous_event() is not resolved. So that's why I get the MOUSEEVENTF_WHEEL not resolved correctly. Is that right? Or did I do a huge mistake using the mous_event() in the main function? I just don't get what I missed ... thx
Last edited on
OH my god - I am a absolute dumb idiot.

mouse_event(MOUSEEVENT_WHEEL, 0, 0, SCROLLDOWN, 0);   // no good
mouse_event(MOUSEEVENTF_WHEEL, 0, 0, SCROLLDOWN, 0); // works perfectely 

nice one. spent 2 days on a missing "F". That's what I call bad luck. Well thanks a lot for helping me out.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.