SFML help

Hi guys I havent coded in over a year and I just came back before I quit I was only doing console apps and I really want to try SFML so I can actually create graphics and such. I did what it asked at http://www.sfml-dev.org/tutorials/1.6/start-cb.php
But I get this error on codeblocks: ld.exe||cannot find -lsfml-system|
||=== Build finished: 1 errors, 0 warnings ===|
Any ideas???
closed account (3qX21hU5)
You are not linking your libraries correctly. First I don't believe you should have -lsfml-system, I believe it should be sfml-system-d (For debug mode) and sfml-system (For release mode). Go into where you installed the SFML library and go into the /lib folder and check to make sure. Also when you do not statically link the libraries you will need to include the .dll files (You can find these in the SFML/bin folder) in your project folder where your programs .exe is. If you do want to link it statically you will have to change your linker to include sfml-system-s-d (Debug) and sfml-system-s (Release), and in the preprocessor directives you have to define SFML_STATIC.

Also make sure you have the correct path to the /lib folder in your search directories.

Hope that helps a bit SFML is a real pain to get setup but the good news is once it is setup it is a very simple library to use.
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.