Why won't it work

Pages: 12
Whenever I compile something in visual Studio C++ and send it to one of my friends, they can't use it and an error pops up. Why is that? Is there something extra I need to do before I send it?
closed account (Dy7SLyTq)
is it compiling with dependencies? i thought i remember something about vs linking to dlls when it compiles
I have same problem, is it possible to remove dependencies?
The only way I've found it to work is if the other pc has vs installed aswell(and the same version as you aswell). Still trying to figure out exactly which dependencies vs uses which are different from the normall c++ libraries
if someone wants to do a team viewer session ill take a look
closed account (z05DSL3A)
Is there something extra I need to do before I send it?
you may need to get your friend to install the redistribuable components for the version of VS you are using.

For example: Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package
http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=5555
well guys there should be a way to remove them
@DTSCode - his friend is still going to need the VS runtime!
closed account (z05DSL3A)
DTSCode wrote:
well guys there should be a way to remove them
You could set the project to link with static linking.

Something like:
Project Properties -> Configuration Properties -> C/C++ -> Code Generation -> Runtime Library. {set to one without DLL at the end}

Edit: you may end up having to change other settings and libraries that are used.
Last edited on
I found that it works with visual C++ 2010 to include this file in a folder with your program it has worked for sharing with 3 other people who don't have visual c++

msvcr100.dll
http://www.mediafire.com/?d66klrel4lmvyhk
Last edited on
Does anybody know a way to remove dependencies ( not that i know what they are) without downloading anything. I mean...what kind of compiler compiles something that wont work. Any suggestions?
ok if someone would actually listen to me.. it means that its compiling with dlls. when you gave it to your friend he didnt have the dll so it wont run. i dont know visual studios so i would have to do a screen share thing but no one will listen to me
DTS....i am not sure what you mean by dlls, or screen share...but you seem to know what your doing. If you have an idea or plan, i'm willing to try it.
ok quick tutorial... a dlll is a dynamic link library which is compiled. i havent written one but i know that if your code needs it the exe wont work (sfml flashback <shudders>) screen share is where i temporarily take control of your computer. (you will always see everything i do) so if your down...
I have no idea how you do a screen share....you're the first one who has suggested it to me.
we would use a program called team viewer
Wait...do you even need to control my computer? I have skype and I could share my screen. If you think we should do the teamviewer...i'll give it a try
i didnt know skype could do that so yeah lets do that
DTSCode, I can't skype you today probably...but if you send me a private message with your skype name I could do it tomorrow. Unless something weird happens.
k
Pages: 12