NetBeans + MinGW + Boost + C++ = annoying

I just switched from Code::Blocks to NetBeans yesterday, and I posted on the forums... The NetBeans forums are pretty quiet... and I have not been able to find an answer yet, so I come here with this problem:

NetBeans won't even compile a "hello world" program and I can't figure out why.

Here is the build Log:

"C:/MinGW/bin/make" -f nbproject/Makefile-Debug.mk QMAKE= SUBPROJECTS= .clean-conf
make[1]: Entering directory `C:/Users/JonathanWitlock/Desktop/C++/CPP Test with ide'
rm -f -r build/Debug
rm -f dist/Debug/MinGW-Windows/cpp_test_with_ide.exe
make[1]: Leaving directory `C:/Users/JonathanWitlock/Desktop/C++/CPP Test with ide'

CLEAN SUCCESSFUL (total time: 891ms)

"C:/MinGW/bin/make" -f nbproject/Makefile-Debug.mk QMAKE= SUBPROJECTS= .build-conf
make[1]: Entering directory `C:/Users/JonathanWitlock/Desktop/C++/CPP Test with ide'
"c:/MinGW/bin/make" -f nbproject/Makefile-Debug.mk dist/Debug/MinGW-Windows/cpp_test_with_ide.exe
make[2]: Entering directory `C:/Users/JonathanWitlock/Desktop/C++/CPP Test with ide'
mkdir -p build/Debug/MinGW-Windows
rm -f build/Debug/MinGW-Windows/main.o.d
g++ -c -g -MMD -MP -MF build/Debug/MinGW-Windows/main.o.d -o build/Debug/MinGW-Windows/main.o main.cpp
g++: error: CreateProcess: No such file or directory
make[2]: *** [build/Debug/MinGW-Windows/main.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `C:/Users/JonathanWitlock/Desktop/C++/CPP Test with ide'
make[1]: *** [.build-conf] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `C:/Users/JonathanWitlock/Desktop/C++/CPP Test with ide'
make: *** [.build-impl] Error 2

BUILD FAILED (exit value 2, total time: 875ms)

So... it failed....

I can't figure out why.
Ok, so I thought I might have an out-dated compiler, and I was right. 9.5, now 10.0. So now I'm updated, and it still throwing up sh1t on me.... I don't know what to do, Code::Blocks did what I wanted it to and NetBeans seems to have somthing to nitpick about....

New Compiler Errors (got rid of that other one...)

"/c/Users/Username/Desktop/C++/Coin Flipper/"C:/Program Files/1.0/bin/make.exe"" -f nbproject/Makefile-Debug.mk QMAKE= SUBPROJECTS= .clean-conf
/bin/sh.exe: /c/Users/Username/Desktop/C++/Coin Flipper/C:/Program: No such file or directory
make.exe": *** [.clean-impl] Error 127

CLEAN FAILED (exit value 2, total time: 250ms)

so... one step forward.... 2 steps back.... I would oh-so-dearly like to get to work.... -,O'
I'm not familiar with netbeans but it's looking for /bin/sh which is in MSYS, have you installed it?
yes, I've installed MSYS.

Hold on, I will try somthing then.

oh, i know exactly what the problem is....

You see:

/bin/sh.exe: /c/Users/Username/Desktop/C++/Coin Flipper/C:/Program

It's bitching about spaces.... (-,-') uhg...
Last edited on
omg it works now.

I re-installed MSYS under C:\ instead of under C:\Program Files.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.