Windows Programming - April 2012

Changing a window's style

I'm having the hardest time trying to get this to work. I'm doing some tutorials with OpenCV, and it's all going great, however I ran into some issues with how ...
[3 replies] Last: If you had checked all return values from win32 api's called you had f... (by modoran)
What are some good Win32 reinforcement project ideas?

I taught myself Win32(Charles Petzold's book was great but desperately needs a sixth edition...) and I want to reinforce it into my memory. Does anyone have a s...
[no replies]
Producer/Consumer Threading Output

Hi all, I have been working on this little introductory project to the Producer/Consumer threading concept. For this project, I was required to share a commo...
[1 reply] : Without any code we can't possibly know the answer but my first guess ... (by Computergeek01)
by PRW56
undefined defaults... maybe?

Im just trying to implement an example from the book,I know the basics of C++ but I see them using all these undefined constants... or maybe macros... anyway th...
[5 replies] Last: Using a native GUI API is always tricky. A GUI app communicates with ... (by kbw)
Reading in a text file randomly

Hi all, I currently have a project where we are supposed to read in a file three different ways - using GUI and assigning the file to three different textbox...
[1 reply] : For .net questions, post @ the MSDN forums. (by webJose)
Need help for write a Registry and File activity monitor

Hi I have to write a program like RegMon and FileMon... As the first for monitoring all registry activities , I came up with hooking all registry function at ...
[no replies]
How to split the strings?

Hi guys, Can you please help me with my code as I have a trouble with the returned strings that I have extracted from my php source to add the strings in my li...
[no replies]
SetConsoleTextAttribute : Foreground only

Hi, I would like to change ONLY the foreground color text of my console application, not the background text color nor the console background color. In Other...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks. (by MoonDragon)
by jls36
MFC static text

I was wondering how to hide static text and change it. Im working on my first MFC app for homework and Im using a combo box with the selection of six shapes...
[3 replies] Last: Of course IDC_STATIC_ONE (or whatever you want to name it) must be cre... (by modoran)
Alternative Sudoku Solver Input

Hi. I just got a Sudoku solver up and running. There is one thing that's bugging me though. I have to type in the column, row, and value for each square in comm...
[no replies]
How-to Custom icon for library function window?

Have a library (.lib) project, included a resource and an icon but its never found by the icon look up functions. IF i use the same resource # as the main ex...
[1 reply] : LoadImage can load a image from a file. So dump the icon content to a ... (by modoran)
visual c++ textbox problem

Hi, i try make a program to be able to change information from my .ini file with a textbox and a button. So when i change text from the textbox it change my...
[1 reply] : That's C++/CLI, a Microsoft variation of the C++ language. Almost nob... (by webJose)
C++ Gui

Please don't send me to http://www.winprog.org/tutorial/ I don't use visual C++, I use Dev C++ and am not willing to change the program I use. But how can I ...
[15 replies] Last: I don't use visual C++, I use Dev C++ and am not willing to change t... (by freddie1)
by Senith
C++ odd text behavior - random garbage text

After I reinstalled my OS (2008 Server) I then noticed that there's something odd going on within my program. Here's the link to part of the source http://ph...
[5 replies] Last: ok guys here's the solution even though I don't know why if that makes... (by Senith)
How to use VCCLCompilerTool.UseFullPaths?

Info here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/microsoft.visualstudio.vcprojectengine.vcclcompilertool.usefullpaths(v=vs.80).aspx#Y0 I'm trying to progra...
[no replies]
Conio.h

I need someone to explain to me in detail how to use conio.h or how to get arrowkey input Please.
[2 replies] Last: I've already been on that site. Is there any tuts for begginers? (by FreddyHutwelker)
Calculator

I've recently finished working on a C++ calculator. Here is a list of its features so far... It can calculate addition, subtraction, multiplication and divis...
[6 replies] Last: And here I was thinking Shinigami's only wasted time and wrote human n... (by webJose)
split the returned strings

Hi guys, Can you please help me with my code as I have a trouble with the returned strings that I have extracted from my php source to add the strings in my li...
[no replies]
Can we able to access ODB++ files( PCB ) in C++/ VC++ ?

Can we able to access ODB++ files in C++/ VC++ ? PCB - printed circuit board manufacturing database Has any one done this before ?? Any library files...
[no replies]
CanĀ“t find adress of variable.

I tried to get the adress of the variable which contains the String/Value "Systemname" or "Microsoft Corporation". (of the window "Systeminformationen"). U...
[6 replies] Last: sorry, I mean: "...almost independent from the Privilegs/Security Leve... (by h4rm0ni3)
April 2012 Pages: 123... 6
  Archived months: [mar2012] [may2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.