Windows Programming - April 2013 (Page 2)

How to get mouse X,Y position in a specified area of window. Winapi

If i have like a 1000x1000 Window, and i am placing an image in the middle of that window (its less than 1000x1000 pixels), so the image is smaller than the...
[1 reply] : This if statement is the easiest way I know to determine if a rectangl... (by newbieg)
Decimal string to Char string Problem in Visual C++ window form application

Good day. I am facing a problem. I am using Visual Studio C++ and wish to create a Window Form Application. The purpose to create this program is to show the en...
[no replies]
by kevinn
with error code "Example Using Local Namespace Sockets"

I am new to Dev C + + and I'm trying to use the code "Example Using Local Namespace Sockets". I'm not using Linux but window #include <stdio.h> #include ...
[5 replies] Last: here is a code of Soquet client running Windows // Client program ... (by kevinn)
Unsigned __int64 variable convertion to Float

Hello, In my MFC program i have a Unsigned __int64 variable TimeStamp, This time stamp is a value of time in nano seconds, I need to convert this variable ...
[5 replies] Last: Hello Cat, Thanks for the support, I tried with the Link but still it ... (by kirancmc)
Multiple Strings

Hi I just recently began learning how to program in C++ and I ran into a bit of a problem. What I am trying to do is make the code below give me the option to...
[4 replies] Last: thanks! :D (by Nothing347)
My code isnt working!

Help! My code says: error expected ')' before '{' token on line 5. On line 13 it says error: statement cannot resolve address of overloaded function. #includ...
[3 replies] Last: I can't believe I didn't see those errors! Thx! (by megasnorlax)
How to start coding once you get WinMain working?

I'm creating a program using Dev-C++ with a WinMain function. How do you link WinMain with main()? Thank you for your help:) #include <windows.h> /...
[13 replies] Last: Thanks a lot... *takes note* (by TheBeardedQuack)
Static Bool gameOver Variable issues

The code may seem overwhelming at first glance but the intent is simple. Currently, I am having issues figuring out how to assign false to "static bool gameOver...
[2 replies] Last: Quick reply. Once again, you solve the problem. I did not know you ne... (by cfehr003)
Why cin.get(); command doesn't work in Win7?

#include "stdafx.h" #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main(){ cout << "Hello world!"; cin.get(); return 0; } When I run programm(console ap...
[1 reply] : In MS Visual use Ctrl + F5 to run without debuging ! (by jayzzz7)
Code Review: Windows API Wrapper Class Problem

I am learning Windows API. My project is an attempt to wrap Windows API in a System class for future DirectX development. When I run my code, I get the erro...
[5 replies] Last: Great catch. I implemented LPCSTR className as a private class member... (by cfehr003)
Help About custom control with ATL

Hi! I am beginner with ATL so, i want to create a basic control as same as Button of window form. compile to *dll, and which can use on apps - MFC, .Net is ...
[no replies]
Display only 2 digs in string in label.

Hey. I am trying to get my program to display only 2 decimals of the result of an calculation. Code: // Defination af input dansk = Sys...
[2 replies] Last: Null: You are a life saver..!! Thank you very much! (by Sorenlyder)
Help with my project, Visual C++

thIS IS MY CODE to do some project of solar system. i wanted to create dynamic planets, and store their color for picking. i have included only 2/4 files. the t...
[6 replies] Last: removed the pointers and its all good now. thanks a lot ! (by Samartha K)
SDL help

hey, I am sort of a beginner is SLD but not to c++ and in the tutorials they always give me a certain image to put on the screen, but I want to put one of my ow...
[2 replies] Last: i am also helpless.... (by Zacharyis)
API SetWindowText() don't update now on design dialog

Hi all! i have create a Button normal, by ActiveX Control MFC so, it can work with vb.net , test container, however, Application MFC is not yet it only run when...
[no replies]
How can i capture screenshot and assign to a static control? Winapi

I am trying to capture a screen and assign it to some sort of control so I can click the picture and retrieve the coordinates at which the picture was clicked. ...
[no replies]
App for Barcode Scanner (Accept input and place it into specific window/app

I'm looking to implement a barcode scanner into a shipping process. I have a barcode scanner attached via USB to a Windows 7 PC. Right now: Whenever a bar...
[2 replies] Last: According to what you state,my suggestion is a free barcode reader and... (by CamilleM)
by follys
import dll from a dll

I have a problem. I have a dll called mfdm.dll that is called from a vb.exe. and this works. I make a second dll import10.dll and in this I create a function ...
[no replies]
a function of windows API

what does the following code do? INT_PTR CALLBACK About(HWND hDlg, UINT message, WPARAM wParam, LPARAM lParam) What is the difference of this code with swi...
[4 replies] Last: It would be more accurate to say that DialogBox function calls the Abo... (by Computergeek01)
ASCII animation

Hello! I saw some ASCII art lately and I thought it would be cool if I made a looped sequence like this http://www.bunnyslippers.com/blog/rabbits-in-motion-ten-...
[5 replies] Last: [quote=megasnorlax]No, I meant doing it in C++. SDL is a C++ library... (by Oria)
April 2013 Pages: 1234... 8
  Archived months: [mar2013] [may2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.