Windows Programming - April 2014 (Page 3)

by zsteve
Strange behaviour of CreateWindowEx within hiearchy causes VTable corruption?

Hi all, I am working on an object-oriented wrapper class hierarchy for the Win32 GUI API. I have been experiencing strange behavior after I implemented mix-in...
[4 replies] Last: @ OP: I told you why, did you bother to read the site I linked to? You... (by Computergeek01)
by Isi62
Check OS health status

Hi, I would like to know what is the most reliable way of checking system health status remotely. For example I know you could ping a server and if you get r...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks for reply, how do I implement this using C++? Through a lot o... (by Computergeek01)
by TTNH03
Is there a way to play/pause and stop video using C++

Hello there, I was wondering if you guys know how to use play/pause and stop videos using the command window. What I want to try and do is to open a video a...
[4 replies] Last: There we go, I moved it to the Windows Forum. I'll take a look at the ... (by TTNH03)
Extremely hard to get visual c++ 2010 working with directx

i have been trying for almost 2 weeks to get visual c++ 2010 to work with directx. Does anyone else find its damn hard to get anything working with it. I have t...
[3 replies] Last: I used the Microsoft directx sdk june 2010 which book used. it woul... (by CodeGoggles)
Problem with Virtual keys

Ok so here's the deal. I have been working with directX and I am trying to get the geometry to move with the keyboard. It is successfully working to a point. th...
[no replies]
by tec23
Need help with edit box

I can't display unicode characters properly in an edit control. They get displayed as square boxes and sometimes question marks. I'm using msvc++ 2008. The proj...
[1 reply] : You need to use MultiByteToWideChar() to convert between already know... (by modoran)
OleDraw to a memory bitmap

I've been banging my head against this question for a little while now, and it's starting to hurt, so I was hoping someone could help me. We have OLE/COM con...
[no replies]
Need help starting a Windows program

I'm not a new programmer (I'd categorize myself as low-to-mid intermediate) but my focus has been mostly on games. I've created a few simple Windows programs b...
[2 replies] Last: Well, your *.h files describe your classes, the question is which scop... (by freddie1)
color in the console?

I was wondering you could put colored characters in the console. I was also wondering if conio.h or iomanp has something like it without using, system("color")....
[1 reply] : a) yes you can b) shouldnt use conio.h c) +1 for not wanting to use sy... (by Little Bobby Tables)
ShellExecute with x86asm

Hi.I tried to use ShellExecute with inline x86asm in VC++. My code is here: // x86asm dosya calistirma deneme2.cpp : Defines the entry point for the console ...
[2 replies] Last: İ am working on big module.So i want to use this in module's some par... (by Helegurbann)
Using Named Pipes to send variables from one process to another

Hi everybody I'm new to C++ and am trying to do a few things with this code. First and foremost I'm using a Windows 7 OS. I've got two processes started w...
[2 replies] Last: Hey CodeGoggles thanks I didn't know where Exactly to post this so I'l... (by adilicious)
GUI Design with C++

Hi, I want to design GUI in c++ for a retail software. What i want is a main window with no minimize,maximize buttons and i want customized buttons. Also i w...
[18 replies] Last: That's a good question. I never really understood how a high-level la... (by Stewbond)
Resedit Issue.

Good evening, I started to use Resedit, like 2 days ago. So i decided to try my hands out on a few things. I created the GUI but when i imported into the Vi...
[no replies]
MFC problem with popen and update cedit

Hi! I already post my problem at the german cpp forum, but nobody could help. I think this is one more proof that the german are not as good in programming as ...
[2 replies] Last: Yes, popen it is emulated inside CRT using pipes ... However, the pro... (by modoran)
loading dll issue

so i was using a plugin system from this article: cplusplus.com/articles/48TbqMoL in my program using sdl2. i created a dll plugin to test the program and when ...
[5 replies] Last: Well it's something that really can't be helped due to the lack of a b... (by Avilius)
Arrival Help

Hello everyone. I am struggling a lot with this assignment I am doing. I have been trying to do it for a few weeks and can't figure out how to make further pr...
[1 reply] : I can't figure out what the equation is for distance It would help i... (by kbw)
Sending data using UDP

I've been trying to send data through UDP from the server to the client, but for some reason, it returns a -1 error (10057 error - socket not connected). How e...
[8 replies] Last: Thank you so much! I've just took a look at the sendto and recvfrom fu... (by AmitM9S6)
by R23MJ
Std::String Encryption

I just need a simple way to encrypt and decrypt an std::string, I don't want to download anything, thanks.
[6 replies] Last: Well, sounds fair. (by S G H)
by ahcfan
How can I reliably end a thread?

My program uses two threads. One of them is created whenever I click an item in a listbox and does some processing before exiting. I want to be able to end t...
[4 replies] Last: why can't you use booleans to synchronize? Because the management of ... (by kbw)
by Luk3
Winsock: sending data between two PCs

Hi, I try to send Data between two PCs by using Winsock. I already got it to send a text the client typed in the console to the server, display it in the conso...
[9 replies] Last: @carpalTunnel: You're right, I corrected it. But it doesn't work eithe... (by Luk3)
April 2014 Pages: 12345
  Archived months: [mar2014] [may2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.