Windows Programming - April 2019

by gamma
else if statement within two for loops

I have two vectors with different length which I would like to compare. for(int i = 0; i<v1.size();i++)//? { for(int j = 0; j<v2.size();j++) { if(v1 ==...
[9 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <vector> #include <alg... (by lastchance)
Read and extract text / number

Hello people.. I have been playing alot with PHP in the past, but i must admit i forgot some of it !... and there for seeking help, since i havent been able ...
[2 replies] Last: its possible, we know that. how annoying it may be depends on what th... (by jonnin)
Issues with Screen Capture

I am a rank beginner at Windows programming, having never done anything at all before this project, so forgive me for any silly mistakes. I am trying to capt...
[1 reply] : The screenshot should be done withing the WM_DRAW event of the capture... (by coder777)
Thread problem in Objective

I dont know how to fix this: void Misc::sendData(std::map<std::string, std::string> data) { ... } void Misc::loop(){ ... std::map<std::string, std::stri...
[3 replies] Last: that error usually means you tried to call the member function without... (by jonnin)
by EVO
How to get the controls of a dialog defined in an RC file?

Forgive my experience, but I'm trying to get the dimensions of some controls in a dialog that is defined in a resource file. It looks something like this: ID...
[no replies]
how can i change the working directory?

heres my run function: void run(string FileName, string Parameters="", string ActualFolder="") { SHELLEXECUTEINFO ShExecInfo; ShExecInfo.cbSize = s...
[8 replies] Last: after several tests i found the big problem: Compile.compile(strCompi... (by Cambalinho)
by step1
Visual Studio

Hello, I would like to know in Visual Studio 2017, what kind of projects with a user interface would be in a native C++ framework so that I can link it to a ...
[1 reply] : You can create a static library: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/cpp... (by George P)
by Ganado
GetOpenFileName undefined behavior

This is kind of a shot in the dark, but I was wondering if anyone could point out possible undefined behavior within or surrounding my open_file_dialog function...
[3 replies] Last: I have partly figured it out, after making a reduced example! Long st... (by Ganado)
Program waiting for user input.

Hello, my program pausing and waiting for user input. How to fix that? #include <iostream> #include <windows.h> std::string input; bool triggerEnabled(){ ...
[5 replies] Last: Your question was a bit contradictory is all. You wanted the program t... (by zapshe)
Using Libcurl in C++ program

Hi! Hope you're having a good day. I'm very new to C++ programming - and programming in general - and I wanted to ask a quick question! I am currently wor...
[3 replies] Last: Sorry to comment on an old thread but seeing as it wasn't mentioned ha... (by JoshUK)
Virtual Key Designations

I am looking for the designations of some virtual keys -- https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/inputdev/virtual-key-codes specifically those of the ...
[2 replies] Last: VK_RMENU 0xA5. Usually mapped to a pop-up menu that can alternately b... (by MikeStgt)
by Alex A
visual basic (masked textbox) validation

Hi Guys, Visual basic "windows form app question". I created two masked textboxes and set the masking to Time (European military format). On the first textbo...
[no replies]
Win32/OLE Drag and Drop C/C++

I spent hours digging into google to find some information or tutorial on how to implement drag and drop with pure Win32. I ended up with this great result: ...
[8 replies] Last: not sure if this works in the OLE or COM world but at the program leve... (by jonnin)
FOR LOOPS AND DOUBLING MY COUNTER

Hey guys so i am doing a program for my programming fundamentals class and i stumbled upon a question i cant quite get. QUESTION: Write a for loop that s...
[2 replies] Last: To increment the counter by current value you need counter += counter... (by malibor)
  Archived months: [mar2019] [may2019]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.