Windows Programming - August 2012 (Page 3)

Help with callback

I have a main program and DLL both written in C (not C++) and working fine on Linux with gcc and Windows with Borland C. I need to get this to work in Microsoft...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks for the quick response but unfortunately it doesn't appear to h... (by ladybridge)
Access Violation

I'm getting this error when the program 'Project1.exe' runs. Could someone please help me. The program is VERY long like 10,000+ lines. This happens when the pr...
[1 reply] : ten k + lines and thats the only problem? impressive. anyways, it soun... (by Aramil of Elixia)
"Buffer too small" error on resized array

I'm resizing an array. The resize (doubling the size) appears to work correctly, but when I send more text into the resized array, when it reaches what would h...
[7 replies] Last: What happened to all the comments that appeared in this thread yesterd... (by GrahamZ)
Need a good WinAPI tutorial

Well, like the title says I need a good winAPI tutorial because I want to do something else then console programming, I have completed the entire C++ tutorial o...
[6 replies] Last: how I said, use ResEdit to create resources, it will create .h and .rc... (by mekkatorqu)
Deny Access by IP

Hello, I was curious, is there any way to block income IP? for example when you have static IP and you are getting DDoSed, is there any way to get the IP(s) ...
[6 replies] Last: I'm not creating some sort of firewall, I'm just "improving" my skill... (by kbw)
DirectX Help (lighting)

Hi all, First does anyone know of any good directx forums (or am I not allowed to mention that here)? But now onto the main problem I'm having. Using a b...
[3 replies] Last: Nevermind all! Worked it out. Line 14 and 15 mistakenly called ligh... (by Michael Duxbury)
How to display ASCII data on screen in readable format

i made the c program to open and read the data and take the data into buffer,All data is ASCII character code without checksumand CR.now i want to display data ...
[1 reply] : I don't follow. Windows is capable of printing ASCII characters. May... (by webJose)
FTP library?!

I have spent over 12 hours attempting to work with some FTP libraries, only to realize that they are too complicated for me to understand, or they have some wei...
[9 replies] Last: If you use Dev-C++ then you don't need to install anything, MinGW come... (by modoran)
by ash919
Borland C++ Installation

hi, i am having trouble installing Borland C++ to my Win32 machine. i'm not being able to configure the compiler to see the directories. it only runs in the...
[2 replies] Last: -I"c:\Borland\Bcc55\include" -L"c:\Borland\Bcc55\lib" These must b... (by Aceix)
Newbie: Why is this window not showing?

Hi all, I'm still rather new to C++, and have just started looking into DirectX and windows programming. I have copied (typed, not cut and paste) this pro...
[4 replies] Last: @guestgulkan, Ha Ha just worked it out 30 secs ago. Was exactly as... (by Michael Duxbury)
error c2059

I'm trying to run simple code but something is wrong.In the next code: ............. ............. case WM_COMMAND: switch(LOWORD(...
[4 replies] Last: Kyle, I thought that as well, but look at the line above that one: ... (by dem7w2)
linking problems (1,2)

"the specified procedure could not be found" I got that error when i was calling D3D10CreateDeviceAndSwapChain function and I read when i ggogled that problem t...
[25 replies] Last: okay i tried to make my own code: #include <D3D10.h> #include <D3DX10... (by Silvestar)
Reading Variables from Game

is there any lib for that or how does that work? I'm doing simple bot for GTA SA-MP but I have to check one variable in order co continue
[no replies]
by Veltas
Detecting Console

How can I detect if my program has been started from the console and then use that console?
[4 replies] Last: I'm a little lost here, from what I understood in your original post..... (by closed account DSLq5Di1)
Calling a C# dll from C++?

Hi guys, I am a C# developer (sorry) who has been thrown into some C++ (an Adobe toolbar). I basically want to open a window, get some input, and make a call...
[5 replies] Last: Hi all, Thanks for all the responses. I've tried to implement it as d... (by dominicshaw)
Can not connect to multiple database tables

I have a question please gurus to help me solve, I am using the VC + + has developed a host computer software, connect to the database, can only connect to a ta...
[no replies]
OpenGL and Glut Text Help.

I am making a kind of word processor that only reads from a .txt file and writes to a screen. I have all the reading and displaying stuff down, I even have it ...
[no replies]
moving text

I am writeing a program which displays a rectangle that moves in accordance with user input how can I display text inside this rectangle and have the text move ...
[3 replies] Last: I figured it out (by jax666999)
does any one know know the link to following program

i am searching for a sample program in which there would be code to open the com port send data to com port then show the send data on the screen of my computer...
[1 reply] : Use CreateFile() to open specified COM port, WriteFile() to write, etc... (by modoran)
Windows like steam

Hi guys, I'm looking for a Library which allow me to create windows like steam. I want not have a basic windows but a special windows. Like on this progra...
[4 replies] Last: You mean GUI? Something like this: http://docs.wxwidgets.org/stable/... (by coder777)
August 2012 Pages: 123456
  Archived months: [jul2012] [sep2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.