Windows Programming - August 2013 (Page 2)

List View

I am creating a list view control in my application; however, upon adding items/subitems, the application is crashing. I commented out the ListView_InsertItem(...
[13 replies] Last: Andy, Thanks for your update.. Regarding my code, I was initially n... (by ahbazzi)
Open a File With My Program

I would like to know if it is possible to right-click a file and open it with a program that I wrote. The program just needs to receive the name and location of...
[8 replies] Last: Thanks, I will look into that. (by jazzmutant3)
Win API, Keyboard keys

I'm writing a clone to the Notepad to practice my Win API programing (so far it's super fun!) and I wanted to add the option to save the file using the keyboard...
[6 replies] Last: Use CreateAcceleratorTable instead of LoadAccelerators CreateAccelera... (by andywestken)
Debugging an External EXE + DLL

Hi all, I'm trying to figure out a way to debug an EXE+DLL combo using VS 2005. During the execution, these binaries are invoked by the browser. I kknow this ...
[4 replies] Last: When you say invoke and exe, you you mean CreateProcess or similar? Or... (by andywestken)
VS Error

I am getting this error in VS2012: error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual void __thiscall Game::resetAll(void)" (?resetAll@Game@@UAEXXZ) I...
[2 replies] Last: Yeah, I found that after I posted, but never got to mark this solved. ... (by closed account jwkNwA7f)
MBR based file scanning

Hi, Before I begin with asking a question, I want to share what I have done so far in order to thin down confusion regarding my question, I have successfully...
[no replies]
What is the use o VirtualQueryEx()?

I've started a bit of windows programming and I stumbled upon this function, but I cant see how this can be used in a program. But moreover, I don't really unde...
[3 replies] Last: Oh I see. thanks. (by closed account LN7oGNh0)
Implementation of Tab key on list view

Hi all, I have a list view created using resource editor,I set Extended style such as LVS_EX_GRIDLINES & LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT,So my List view looking like a s...
[no replies]
Key board events handling on list view

Hi all, I am doing a win32 application,I created a dialog box and inside dialog box one list view control,using resource editor,Now i want to handle Cntrl+F on...
[1 reply] : I never used them, but maybe the functions GetAsyncKeyState() or GetKe... (by plexus)
Encrypt/decrypt Windows folders.

(I moved this topic to this forum section since it seemed more appropriate.) I just finnished my first encryptor/decryptor program. It seems like it can encr...
[1 reply] : Is a folder also just a file that consists of an array of bytes like ... (by plexus)
DX9 2D game w/ camera

I'm working on a 2D platformer. I've set up the camera like I've seen in some examples, but it doesn't seem to make any difference, i.e. I increment and decreme...
[2 replies] Last: I can't help, but it might be nice if you tell us what API, library, e... (by Superdude)
help variable changeing back after function

i need help with this code exaple is input to the fuction (verc) is epspak 3.00.17 while it is isnside the fuction it converts correctly (coppak 8.00.03) but...
[3 replies] Last: Be careful not to overuse it though. There's an option between the two... (by Austin J)
by Sk1F0x
C++ Qt QFileSystemWatcher file upload double

I am having issues where the file is being uploaded twice to the server. I am using the QFileSystemWatcher class from C++ Qt on Windows XP to send a file whe...
[no replies]
Windows subsystem weirdness

I looked into registry entry managing subsystem codes. Like native 1 GUI 2 CUI 3. It is here HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manage...
[1 reply] : SxS DLLs have metatdata that describes them, and they're packaged to w... (by kbw)
Program to generate C++ code and compile it.

Hi. I am currently working on an encryptor/decryptor. I want it to work in the following way: 1: You start the encryptor in CMD and give it an argument for wh...
[3 replies] Last: Yes you can write and compile via a source file. And what do you mean ... (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
std::wstring (from ifstream)

Hi, I have a code, that gives following error: Error 1 error C2440: '<function-style-cast>' : cannot convert from 'std::ifstream' to 'std::istreambuf_iterator...
[8 replies] Last: Either using codecvt, or by using a special flag. The code was tested... (by andywestken)
Help with a C++/C Project (Ray Tracer, Canvas)

Hey guys. Me and my teacher are working on a project to make a simple Ray Tracer application (give realistic lightning effects to simple 3D objects, like sphere...
[no replies]
Direct3D 10 - Sprites with transparency.

i've been struggling for about 3 days now, i searched almost everywhere possible for an answer but with no luck. i was reading this book Thomson - Beginning ...
[4 replies] Last: thanks guys, for even caring to take a look at the post. the reason i ... (by Rechard3)
Compiler Setup - Undefined Reference

I wanted to setup a compiler for my Windows partition. To get it stright out i've got some reference errors while compiling. Programming Editor: Code::Blocks ...
[3 replies] Last: After deleting the whole mess and an resetup it seems to work more or ... (by theblackdog)
Questions about Winsock send and recv functions

Hello, I am writing a network application that uses winsock to handle the network connections. It is my first network application, which uses a socket of typ...
[9 replies] Last: Thanks for the link about TCP, I thought I knew most of how the intern... (by partytime4321)
August 2013 Pages: 1234... 6
  Archived months: [jul2013] [sep2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.