Windows Programming - August 2013 (Page 3)

copy an dll into C:\Windows\System32

Hi Guys, I've got another problem. I'm on a project in which i want to use a dll. So i did copy the dll into C:\Windows\System32. The matter is, that the win-...
[6 replies] Last: I solved the Problem... But i cant say whats the fu**ing Problem had ... (by trialanderror usually)
Screen capture protection

I want to protect my application from screen capturing. I know this question has been asked before, but it seems like the previous questions before were not...
[1 reply] : That "protection" is not done on purpose. In fact, that's a bug of usi... (by S G H)
Find current application that is playing audio.

Is it possible to find out what application is currently playing audio. Also I would like to get a HWND handle to the window. Is there some way or trick you can...
[5 replies] Last: Hi Manvir, Try to gain process handle to sound player such as RealTk ... (by closed account G309216C)
working with structs

Hey everyone, I am fairly new to c++, but I have to use it for my MSc project, however, I stuck in the following problem: I have two structs that share a ...
[8 replies] Last: Sorry! I'm happy to answer question here, but I don't go further than... (by andywestken)
Problem with formatsize

I have this function in Builder C++ 6 AnsiString temp; AnsiString Drive = AnsiString(DriveComboBox1->Drive); //EditDrive->Text; unsigne...
[12 replies] Last: Well, now the function is returning "Fixed" and the serial number and ... (by giulichajari)
by lmsmi1
Tab Controls?

I've got commctrl.h included, comctl32 library linked and common controls initialized. Now what? There really isn't a full example code on any website from a Go...
[no replies]
WDK Unknown bug?

Hi, Normally I program Drivers for Windows using command-line: cd [Project Location] build this tends to always work! Now to move on I tried VS...
[no replies]
Disassembling wtih VS2010

The goal is simple: to take some existing (let's say windows "Minesweeper.exe"?).exe and put it through visual studios and see the assembly code. How can I do i...
[5 replies] Last: wow, thanks andy . that was really helpful, maybe i can include a cons... (by Rechard3)
by zydgyy
about new object in a thread using windows fucntion

When i create a thread with windows CreateThread function,and i new some objects in this thread,when i terminate the tread in main thread,the system will delet...
[1 reply] : good question mate. my instinct is saying: NO, windows won't delete t... (by Rechard3)
DirectX Error

I am learning DirectX. I have just finished my first application, but I have ran into a problem. I am not sure if this is enough info (if it isn't ask me what...
[no replies]
Best prank you know

So what is the best prank to scare the crap out of friends. NOTICE: It must not cause any harm to the computer Here is mine, makes your mouse crazy and m...
[11 replies] Last: Hi, I never made any junk\bogus accounts to start any accounts, to be... (by closed account G309216C)
Direct3D9 Surfaces

I'm starting out with Direct3D 9, reading books and the documentation. I was wondering whether Direct3D has a built in method to release surfaces that I have cr...
[2 replies] Last: Sorry for the late reply. So technically, I'll have to check if IDire... (by Nenekonesha)
Using HID to talk to USB devices

I've been asked to put together a debug type program that will find and talk to a piece of USB hardware (PIC micro based, designed by someone else). I have neve...
[1 reply] : i think i saw a library on source forge (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
CriticalSection Problems

Hello, i have often random crashes while entering the critical section. InitializeCriticalSection(&m_lock); is saved as a class variable. on EnterCriticalS...
[7 replies] Last: Good point, I hadn't thought of misuse. (by kbw)
fwrite problem

Iam trying to write a TCHAR array value to a file.But i am not getting it correctly.I should get the data continously.But iam getting Null between each charact...
[1 reply] : 1. The code you posted does not compile when _UNICODE is defined. Nor ... (by andywestken)
by j yugo
cout << highest and lowest

I am trying to display the highest and lowest numbers of the user input. this is what i have so far. the program so far outputs some other bits of info btw. ...
[2 replies] Last: Hi, The logic is pretty simple imagine the first input number is alwa... (by closed account G309216C)
Get the return value of a windows explorer

What I want to do is get the directory of a file. I want to open a Windows explorer, have the user select their file and click 'Open'. Example: In notepad, you ...
[5 replies] Last: BREAKING NEWS: I just got it fixed: bool OpenMusic() { OPENFILENA... (by Superdude)
Build Dependencies

I've encountered a weired problem and don't know how to solve it. I'm using VS2012. My problem is that the linker won't find a lib (LNK1104) that I told him he...
[2 replies] Last: Indeed I have. But I found out the reason. The trick is to Clean & Bu... (by Kronos86m)
by xenoha
default constructor problems

I am having issues with ascii symbols in my arrays when they constructed. I can't input anymore data into them because they are fixed length string template cla...
[no replies]
How to block a website using c++ other than "hosts file"???

Hi All, There are many tutorials on the internet about blocking websites using C++ by modifying the C:\ Windows\System32\hosts file . . . This method ...
[3 replies] Last: Hi, It seems a bit "sketchy" that you seem to be asking these securit... (by closed account G309216C)
August 2013 Pages: 123456
  Archived months: [jul2013] [sep2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.