Windows Programming - August 2013 (Page 5)

c89 and processes

Does anyone know of functions to enumerate these, it MUST compile in c89 and be usable on WinXP (Win95 would be even better).
[8 replies] Last: I'm not too worried about the /Za switch as long as the /TC switch wor... (by awsdert)
How to "shutdown" processes using TerminateProcess() ?

Hi All, I have been using the TerminateProcess function to kill processes . . . Now, there are some access denied processess which cant be killed from ...
[1 reply] : Hi, If you understood how Windows NT kernel works you will know that ... (by closed account G309216C)
CreateProcess with space in file name

This doesn't work... because there is a space in the name of the .exe ;/ CreateProcessW(L"test lol.exe", NULL , NULL, NULL, FALSE, NULL, NULL, NULL, &si, &pi)...
[4 replies] Last: What error are you getting? (call GetLastError() to get it) Andy PS ... (by andywestken)
GetWindowText doesn't copy correctly

I've created a notepad in WIN API, everything is working great, except when I type a bit of information, I cannot get it from the screen... for example, if I...
[7 replies] Last: Okay, thank you!! (by AmitM9S6)
Mouse Input in Board Game.

Hi all. i'm about to create my first graphical game ever, didn't start yet, and some questions started to cross my mind about the general structure of my co...
[2 replies] Last: the board is somehow more complex than just a grid, i'm actually makin... (by Rechard3)
weird registry problem

Im trying to add my program to the windows run registry my code seems to work an it sets the key in the registry an the program location is fine. the probl...
[1 reply] : Use this : HKEY Handle_Key = 0; char FileName ; RegOpenKeyEx... (by modoran)
Resizing a child window

I'm creating a notepad, and I've created a child window in the size of the parent window (so the child fit the entire parent window) of text... I want to resiz...
[3 replies] Last: So what's GetLastError is saying ? Did you bother to check ? BTW, t... (by modoran)
Can i do something in a loop only once?

Okay this is my code so far: #include <iostream> #include <conio.h> #include <windows.h> using namespace std; void z() {Sleep(500);} char x = {1,2,1,2,1,2,...
[13 replies] Last: I fixed the problem and made it boring! Thanks for the help! (by megasnorlax)
the application failed to start because it's side by side configuration failed

i am trying to install a window service onto my computer but i get the error the application failed to start because it's side by side configuration failed i...
[6 replies] Last: Just recompile the application in release mode and distribute that, do... (by modoran)
by Edic01
I need help! I would like to print Windows Forms.

Please help me! I need to print the window of Windows Forms. Can somebody help me with it?
[1 reply] : http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/vstudio/bb384843.aspx working ... (by tath)
How to Download a file from internet without using UrlDownloadToFile() ???

Hi All, I recently heard about the URLDownloadToFile() function This works only on Visual Studio and does not work with other compilers . . . Can anyone...
[5 replies] Last: Just in case the OP is interested in a cross platform solution there i... (by naraku9333)
How to draw a sphere in Directx

First of all, I would like to say, I was unsure where to post this, it seemed like here would be fine. If not, please just leave deleting/moving it to an admin....
[4 replies] Last: Thanks for the reply, my parents want me to goto school for this stuff... (by MrProGamer)
Able and Disable a button

Hello guys, I'm new to windows programming and i'd like to know if this code is a good practice for able and disable a button in a Windows Program. Thanks ...
[3 replies] Last: i'd like to know if this code is a good practice for able and disable... (by andywestken)
Redraw Desktop WinAPI (1,2)

hi all. i'm trying to write a program that draws a ball on my desktop without affecting anything else, means: even though the ball is moving all around, you wi...
[24 replies] Last: Well, as I know which kind of issues I had with game development, I ca... (by S G H)
by i223a
Can a RichTextBox in a Form receive both Drag and Drop Text and Files

I have a Windows::Form app with a RichTextBox. I can drag and drop text or files, but not both. Is this doable?
[2 replies] Last: Thank you for your response. Sorry about my delayed response. I went... (by i223a)
How to word wrap an edit control

I'm looking to make a basic edit box word wrap the text in it. I've resized the edit box control to a decent size and I'd like to have the text that is typed i...
[8 replies] Last: OK Note the "want return" setting doesn't effect the line breaking. B... (by andywestken)
Is it possible to call CopyFile without locking the host?

I feel like I may have posted this here before, if I have then I am sorry but I didn't find it. Further more I would have made several drastic changes to this p...
[11 replies] Last: kbw said: That memory mapping thing is trying to implement what t... (by Computergeek01)
Non closable program

How could I create a full screen program that could not be closed, minimized and if you tried to close it, turned off your computer? My biggest problem here is ...
[7 replies] Last: it doesnt malware. programs like plex, any blizzard game, and youtube ... (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
vector iterators incompatible

Ok, I've been working on a language parsing program for almost two months now and I think I'm in the home stretch (minus a few minor details). I'm getting a "v...
[4 replies] Last: That did it! What I wasn't doing before was making the function const... (by Ulfhedhin)
Need help saving a vector to a file (1,2)

Ok, I've come quite a long ways with my little program. I've patted myself on the back for the problems I was able to solve myself and have been grateful for t...
[35 replies] Last: Just a quick update. It would appear that I got the saving to and rea... (by Ulfhedhin)
August 2013 Pages: 1... 3456
  Archived months: [jul2013] [sep2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.