Windows Programming - August 2014

Deubug Assertion failed

while compiling the program in debug mode I got the following message Debug Assertion failed \n some text here Abort Retry Ignore ...
[5 replies] Last: @ modoran : Good to know, I'll try to remember that one. @ OP: We're... (by Computergeek01)
by avt0
please help me for instalation win 7

however it is not about programing,but I have a problem which if it is not solve,I never can programing (( firstly,i don't know which must be priority https...
[3 replies] Last: Generally you won't because either the generic device driver recognize... (by Computergeek01)
Having trouble with edit control

Hello, I'm having some trouble with the edit control. The problem is that I can't introduce as much text as I want; it is limited by the physical size of edi...
[4 replies] Last: Yes, adding the ES_AUTROHSCROLL style worked perfectly. Thanks. (by chakaflokiles)
Getting folder that holds EXE

Hello, i am wondering how to get folder, this worked, but it tells me EXE name too: HMODULE hModule = GetModuleHandleW(NULL); WCHAR path ; GetModuleFileName...
[6 replies] Last: You also need to link to the correct library, #pragma comment(lib, "S... (by closed account z05DSL3A)
Looking for Feedback on a Game

Hi. I just finished making this game as a small project using DirectX. I need want some feedback on it (e.g. it's awesome, amazing stuff, etc...!). Thanks fo...
[11 replies] Last: If you are interested, you can take a look at the source code for the ... (by jheard901)
by zdzero
IoGetCurrentProcess

I can't find any info on this, so how is it working? Is this function working in the same way GetCurrentProcess does, taking no parameters and returning a ps...
[2 replies] Last: This... is embarrassing. lol. Thanks. (by zdzero)
Stuck after the Hello World tutorial

Hello all, I started reading about windows and programming for windows and I looked for Win32 tutorials. There's a really good one on Microsoft's website which...
[5 replies] Last: In Visual Studio, set up a new project as an "Empty Project". Then ad... (by freddie1)
Filling the console window

Hello, I'm working in a console having 80 columns x 25 rows, which gives a total amount of 2000 positions that I intend to fill with a certain character. The s...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you, The function "WriteConsoleOutput()" is exactly what I was... (by chakaflokiles)
Open with... command

I am wondering how to use Open With... to copy path, i used: #include "stdafx.h" #include <iostream>; using namespace std; int _tmain(int argc, _TCHAR ...
[15 replies] Last: Sorry for annoyingness, but i need example, i dont understand it, litt... (by closed account D9yvqMoL)
How to use MessgeBox with variables

Please you help me with this. I am a beginner to programming !!! Thank You #include <Windows.h> //using namespace std; void main(void) { int a = ...
[1 reply] : The main function must return int . You have to convert a and b to s... (by LB)
Modifing the entry point of an exe file

Hi guys, i want to write a program in C++ language for modifing the entry point of an exe file to a random address. But i dont know how can i do this. Can anyon...
[1 reply] : May I ask why? You know that there are quicker ways to break a binary ... (by Computergeek01)
by ajitm
what exactly meaning of name mangling? why it is occurred?

Hello! Just wondering why exactly name mangling is required? and what cause it to occur? Can anybody explain in brief what this concept all about? Than...
[1 reply] : ..what cause it to occur? The compiler linker causes name mangling... (by Computergeek01)
File.exe has stopped working...

When x == 14, the program crashes. why? Assume x == 14: ... if (x>=14) { a = x -14; a = rand() %a +5; b = rand() %2; ...
[2 replies] Last: Oops, I assumed because of the windows OS and all... (by RealGiganitris)
Problem with DC_BURSH and SetDCBrushColor?

So I'm trying to create a Pie Chart in my application. When I use GetStockObject(GRAY_BRUSH) like so: case IDB_BUTTON: { HDC hdc = GetDC(hwndDlg);...
[1 reply] : Bump?.. any help?.. I'm completely stuck on this :( EDIT: tried updat... (by sebihp2007)
Custom Cursor not working?

This is supposed to be a simple issue but.. I have this code: #define WIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN #include <windows.h> #include "resource.h" HINSTANCE hIns...
[8 replies] Last: This is creating and assigning to a local variable of the same name, ... (by sebihp2007)
External File commands

Hi guys, So I've been trying to make a program that is placed on my external hard drive. It contains 5 folders which 3 require passwords. Although when I open ...
[18 replies] Last: I ran both code lines std::ofstream fs("/test.txt"); and system("ex... (by NDprogramming)
opening and closing CD drive on damand

#include <tchar.h> #include <iostream> #include <windows.h> #include <mmsystem.h> using namespace std; #pragma comment(lib, "winmm") void ControlCdTray(TCH...
[2 replies] Last: You can do either way you can use the code for the VK or you can use t... (by kmtompkins)
Find and replace program

Hello.. I would like to make a program which accesses two files, one is a spreadsheet file(.xls or .ods extension) and the other is a xml file. Basically what ...
[2 replies] Last: ok thanks for the suggestion... anyways I'll take your suggestion on u... (by kuroro03)
by ajitm
Why we should got for static linking library and dynamic linking library

Hello! Why we should got for static linking library and dynamic linking library. The only difference I know is dynamic link libraries are not linked compile ...
[1 reply] : If your application and plugins loaded by your application need to all... (by LB)
by ajitm
what is difference between static member function and global member function and when we should go for each

what is difference between static member function and global function and when we should go for each? AS we don't require object to call static function and ...
[1 reply] : A static member function must always be within the scope of a class. A... (by LB)
August 2014 Pages: 123... 5
  Archived months: [jul2014] [sep2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.