Windows Programming - August 2017

Making a desktop application which does not require any prerequisites such as .NET Framework or Visual C++?

So I made an application for a client in VB.net using Visual Studio 2017. Sadly, it requires Microsoft .NET Framework, and even though I used .NET Framework 2.0...
[6 replies] Last: Visual Studio 2017 should still create a .NET-less application, you ju... (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
Google Mocking: Test fails(should pass?)

Hello, I just started using Gtest/Gmocks and I'm struggling with an example. I have a simple class which has a member a function that returns a value(say 3)....
[no replies]
which message/event to use

I have a dialog (using MFC) that needs to paint a few child windows and then grab the bits from the result and copy to another window. I found some examples for...
[3 replies] Last: It happens in response to the WM_PAINT. There is no further notificat... (by kbw)
office database failed

Not every problem can be solved by myself. Next one one of them. Our working database in office failed. We can't extract data from it. We are using MS SQL Serve...
[1 reply] : If you can’t open or repair .mdf via any method, in such case was cr... (by NaderMalouf)
Upgrading WDK7 to WDK 10 project

Hello forum. Am migrating a WDK7 to WDK 10 (Environment is Visual Studio 2015, Windows 10, windows Driver). I started the project using empty Kern...
[no replies]
by EJ42
Help creating a bitmap from pixel data

I've spent some time looking through information about bitmaps, but it all seems either much more advanced than what I'm trying to do or it focuses on files. I...
[4 replies] Last: Hey, this website seems very good. Thanks for sharing. (by Thomas1965)
Binary Files Problem

Hi! I am a computer science student and I'm currently working on files, the subject on which I do not have a massive amount of conceptual understanding. I can q...
[7 replies] Last: @Chervil A huge shout out to you! Thank you so very much, my problems... (by neha candy)
Cannot get registry key program to work

WARNING: Be careful NOT to run the below program once you or myself debug it unless you REALLY want to delete your Visual Studio registry keys. I put a return ...
[7 replies] Last: Good! I can NOW browse for a folder to install to! Of course, it sti... (by CPPAWhile)
Converting plain C++ to Windows COM

I'm new to Microsoft's way of doing things since I'm a Linux person so apologies if this is a stupid question. I've done a search but didn't see anything that a...
[5 replies] Last: I love COM, but I fear it is difficult for most folks. It excels in t... (by freddie1)
About Wxwidget

Some one help with cue. Code block 16.1 does it has wxwidget library installed already?
[1 reply] : Why don't you have a look at the Code::Blocks website and see what's i... (by Thomas1965)
by bonho
Shortcut key in win32 programming

I'm trying to have my windows to handle keyboard shortcuts such as "F10" while I select a listview / textbox / etc... within the window. At first I tried WM_KE...
[no replies]
CPP .EXE file Disappears on Windows

Simple code. it creates a batch file that shuts down machine on a timer using windows command prompt command shutdown -s -t xxx. the xxx is a variable named sec...
[6 replies] Last: ok, its neat to learn how to do this but all you needed was a 1-2 line... (by jonnin)
Problems using CreateProcess and sending StdOut to a file

I have an application that uses CreateProcess to launch 1 or more child processes. These processes take command line arguments to configure them, and that all ...
[1 reply] : https://stackoverflow.com/questions/7018228/how-do-i-redirect-output-t... (by Thomas1965)
C++ Full Hashing Library On Github Contains Over A 100 Different Hashes

Have you seen the new HashLib4CPP on Github that contains over a 100 different hashes including HMAC and PKDF. It is open source and under MIT Licencing. The li...
[no replies]
by i773
Running into problems with include files when trying to build using nmake.

I'm creating a QT plugin for Photoshop (Yeah, I've been ripping my hair out). What I'm looking to do is build the .pro file with nmake, but when I try to I'm u...
[1 reply] : Is this what you're looking for? https://stackoverflow.com/questions/... (by Moschops)
Pointer to Template classes objects

How can a pointer can point to different instance of same template class.? i am enclosing my code snippet below, where objA pointer should be able to point to o...
[3 replies] Last: Class templates are neither classes nor types, so you can't create a v... (by mbozzi)
by Alex A
c++ how to ssh to a server and automate task ?

Hi guys, at the place where I work, we use Tera Term (macros) to automate tasks. I'm learning C++ and I was wondering if I could use C++ to automate boring t...
[1 reply] : You could, but you would be much happier using Expect . http://expec... (by Duthomhas)
by Vedbex
Slow down another running process

Hello, I want to make an application run slower, it that possible? i have created application which read file created by another process but that process cre...
[3 replies] Last: you can run it in a virtual machine that perhaps emulates a much weake... (by jonnin)
by Borneq
CreateWindowsEx made window without closing button

Sorry, this code is not c++ but Rust, but my question is about using WinApi CreateWindowEx and other functions like register window class. I write project Rust,...
[3 replies] Last: I found (Rust): https://github.com/RustNow/Rust-Win32-SampleApp/blob/l... (by Borneq)
by Erhy
UWP TypedEventHandler, where to code?

Hello, on page https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/uwp/api/windows.ui.core.corewindow#Windows_UI_Core_CoreWindow_Activated is an example public : event Typed...
[no replies]
August 2017 Pages: 12
  Archived months: [jul2017] [sep2017]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.