Windows Programming - August 2019

How to write file to usb drive

How to write c++ program To transfer file to usb drive? I did research on internet, couldn't Find straight answer.
[8 replies] Last: there are kind of 2 answers to 'usb programming'. as us old people kn... (by jonnin)
RegSvr32 Error on Windows

Hi there! I have been having this error on my windows. "regsvr32 "to register a module you must provide a binary name" I have been accesing to the mic...
[no replies]
Disable mouse scroll wheel button permanently

Hello everyone, I have a question that's bothering me. So I have a friend whose mouse scroll wheel just broke, but not mechanically, it's just went crazy - scro...
[4 replies] Last: I've had mice go nuts like this, to discover it was actually small, s... (by George P)
statusbar sizegrip

Compiled with Visual Studio (last version). This produces a statusbar with a "sizegrip". status_hnd = CreateWindowEx(0,STATUSCLASSNAME,NULL,WS_CHILD|WS_VISIBLE...
[2 replies] Last: salem c, I read it ... The work-around isn't very workable (by clamicun)
How to write c++ program to transfer files to cellphone.

How do I write a c++ program to transfer a text file to my smartphone through a usb port? I can connect my smartphone to my laptop. Is there Any way to do it...
[6 replies] Last: Not exactly what I asked, but that must be Android unless you're Japan... (by Niccolo)
can't fix error message

trying to write computer program to communicate with usb port. i keep getting error message unhandled exception at 0x70FA1650 (winusb.dll) in Consoleapplication...
[12 replies] Last: I am using a win32 console app Line 13 is how an MFC app is instanti... (by George P)
Question about VC++ 2010 runtimes

I was looking here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/visualstudio/visual-studio-2010/abx4dbyh%28v%3dvs.100%29 And there appear to be two sep...
[5 replies] Last: I meant, that if you write a c program (source code file ending with ... (by helios)
by berce
the code is problem in Offline compiler but no problem in online

bbcodes did not working on winpe(it didn't work on the creating first post! the area was covered in a yellow color.) http://cpp.sh/9zyqi But I did not a...
[9 replies] Last: Undefined behaviour is a crapshoot, as I show in these results over he... (by salem c)
How to avoid crash?

This function of code cause my program crash if there is no internet connection. Is it possible to avoid that? void get_Website(string url) { WSADATA wsaData...
[6 replies] Last: I use different function now. Will you check for an error status wit... (by George P)
Is it possible to set visual studio 2017 default platform set and character set?

As I saw in answers, there is no such option. I want to make it default for all projects the same as C++ directories in property manager.
[1 reply] : You should be able to open (or create) a project that you first manual... (by Niccolo)
Background mouse click at (x,y)

Hello everyone, so i am scouting and browsing around to see if there is any way i could perform a background mouse click to (x,y) coordinates without moving the...
[2 replies] Last: This plan is fraught with little complications. You may end up gettin... (by Niccolo)
by ghopoz
Encrypt and Decrypt video without saving in HDD using C#

I create windows media player in winform (C#.NET) . I want to play video file without saving in HDD . for this I encrypt video file (use System.Security.Cryptog...
[3 replies] Last: So did you solve it using harddisk? If so it shouldn't that much of a ... (by coder777)
I have a code which should copy a file but it doesn't work

I have a code which should copy d://folder//(unknownDir)//black.txt to d://folder//red//white.txt but it doesn't work and I don't understand why. I'm trying a c...
[6 replies] Last: What code are you running? In the code I posted there are no problems... (by Niccolo)
Argument of type “const char *” is incompatible with parameter of type “char *”

I'm trying to join "ip-api.com/json/" and declared char "ip_address" but "ip-api.com/json/" is underlined red and says: argument of type "const char *" is in...
[4 replies] Last: Is it illegal to learn ip address? (by Pranciskus)
How to copy files from unknown folder?

I'm trying to formulate a way how can I copy file to root directory from the unknown one (unknown means that I don't know its name). For example, I want to copy...
[8 replies] Last: Also here -> http://forums.codeguru.com/showthread.php?563853-How-to-c... (by salem c)
MFC thread only runs if caller is waiting in a MessageBox

I am developing an MFC dialog application that interfaces to a device through a provided API. One of the functions within the API enters a polling loop, so to ...
[2 replies] Last: Salem, You got it!!!! The calling object handle tmpHWND was a local v... (by DanMc77)
is there any java part of this forum??????

rssososssosososososososososos
[no replies]
by Ganado
CreateThread - child thread and infinite loops

This seems rather silly... but I have to ask. When CreateThread is called, and a thread is successfully created, let's say that thread enters an infinite loop,...
[1 reply] : True for *nix and Windows. The process "owns" all child threads. The ... (by Niccolo)
Crash with CopyFileExW

Hi, My code work in 64Bits, but in 32Bits it crash: https://github.com/alphaonex86/Ultracopier/blob/master/plugins/CopyEngine/Ultracopier-Spec/async/Transfe...
[4 replies] Last: Was just missing: CALLBACK keyword (by alphaonex86)
How to find words in all files inside a folder?

How to make a code which can find specific words in all files of the folder and delete files without these specific words. I have a code which finds a word in o...
[1 reply] : As a design, that's a dangerous tool. One slip of the command and you ... (by Niccolo)
August 2019 Pages: 12
  Archived months: [jul2019] [sep2019]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.