Windows Programming - December 2012 (Page 2)

Strsafe.h?

I'm trying to use the StringCchCat function: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms647518(v=vs.85).aspx It says the required header is "St...
[5 replies] Last: @Zhuge: Yes, thank you. @guestgulkan: I am using Code::Blocks. Thank ... (by NeckDeepInSyntaxErrors)
by Phiru
truble with making custom dlg

I customize a dialog like blow. class ScDlg : public CDialog {.... DECLARE_MESSAGE_MAP() public: virtual BOOL OnInitDialog(); afx_msg void OnPaint();...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks guestgulkan. It works.!!! (by Phiru)
Changing window size trough code

Hi, I am new to Win32 programming so sorry if my question is silly. I just learned how to use resources and create menus and I just wonder if its possible to...
[3 replies] Last: MoveWindow() is just what I was looking for, thank you guys. (by Hovo Menejyan)
VC++ 6.0 Functions without symbols

So I want to know when a function will be compiled without creating symbol for it. I mean the whole output file will create symbols for it's functions and globa...
[3 replies] Last: Just compile in release mode and take only the exe. (delete the pdb fi... (by S G H)
If statement error

This If statement isn't working, even though the immediate box says that food .exists==true, why? case WM_PAINT: hdc = BeginPaint(hWnd, &ps); bool exists ;...
[8 replies] Last: If you are at all interested in helping with this simulation further, ... (by Lucidfire)
Very buggy simulation

This is supposed to be a simulation of Bacteria. However, it obviously has a lot of bugs. I was wondering if anyone could give suggestions on how to improve it....
[no replies]
by h4344
Need to find the number in an array closest to a value

So i need to find out which float value in an array holding 16 numbers is closest to another float value (all values are constantly changing). The range for all...
[2 replies] Last: Haven't checked it. float findVal(float a, float * floatArray) { fl... (by bobdabilder)
Console to GUI

How to recreate this program: #include <iostream> int main() { char menuinput, p2m; int plus1, plus2, plus3, min1, min2, min3, mul1, mul2, mul3; ...
[2 replies] Last: Michail, You are going about it the wrong way. To accomplish ... (by freddie1)
Suggestions for 2D Game Engine (Allegro 5)

I am building a game engine to use for making 2D games with Allegro 5 as my graphics library. So far everything I've included seems to work, but I would like s...
[2 replies] Last: Well, I guess that it largely depends on what you want the game to be ... (by Ogoyant)
To control a program mod run or mod not run in Win32

Hi.I want to make a program run or not run with win32 or std-C/C++ method.How can i do this?
[1 reply] : You want to make a program not run? (by kbw)
Use of a graphics.h library in C++ builder 6

Hi, If this topic was discussed somewhere else please re-direct me there. I have been coding in C ( Turbo C , Dev C++) . Have been using <graphics.h> lib ...
[1 reply] : You can use MoveTo and LineTo for anything that has a canvas (such as ... (by Athar)
Prevent VK_RETURN from being processed in subclassed edit control.

I have subclassed an Edit control for the purpose of detecting the enter key being pressed then calling a function accordingly. All that part seems to work just...
[4 replies] Last: Mind you I jst thought - if we always recieve the WM_CHAR - we can ign... (by guestgulkan)
Pointer Declaration & Allocation

If I declare a global char pointer, like so: char* szINIData; and then want to allocate memory for it in a function, do I do it like this: *szINIDat...
[11 replies] Last: Just wanted further clarification. I meant, don't it at all; really.... (by kbw)
Got a few problems with the code from a tutorial.

This is the winapi code: //Main.cpp //C++ Object Oriented Program using native #define UNICODE ...
[14 replies] Last: Thanks guys, problem solved and i learned somethings :D (by selenium)
Destroying child window (Edit control)

Hi there. I've got a basic winapi app that I'm writing. I have a class, which contains an array of other classes. Since the code is quite long, and I suspe...
[no replies]
MinGW + Threads

Operating System: Windows XP SP3 Compiler: MinGW g++ 4.7.2 Code: #include <thread> void g() {} int main() { std::thread t(g); return 0; }...
[19 replies] Last: It's just a gcc quirk. Intel requires -pthread just like gcc, but prod... (by Cubbi)
NTDDK.h header required!

Folks, I am working on a particular task and I need some help to get the Ntddk.h header file....Could someone please be kind enough to post it here?? I have sea...
[10 replies] Last: It won't work like that. We should give you back all the DDK to make i... (by S G H)
by skarla
Chat program.

I made a GUI server and made it multiClient. But it works only local. What should change in Ip-HOST or in Port to make it Online?
[2 replies] Last: Have you tested it with other machines behind your router (ie same sub... (by ResidentBiscuit)
by MKAMKA
Most stealth IPC between two networked PCs

I'm not a software engineer.. just a project manager working on a proof-of-concept project. I currently have two apps that talk to each other via a TCPIP conne...
[3 replies] Last: For me this seems to be a Malware Development also i am quite good at ... (by closed account ozUkoG1T)
Static analysis of C++Builder and WinRT projects

I'm addressing developers with a specific request. Our plans for the PVS-Studio 5.00 static code analyzer are to implement integration with the C++Builder envir...
[no replies]
December 2012 Pages: 1234... 7
  Archived months: [nov2012] [jan2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.