Windows Programming - December 2012 (Page 2)

Strsafe.h?

I'm trying to use the StringCchCat function: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/deskto...
[5 replies] Last: @Zhuge: Yes, thank you. @guestgulkan: I am using Code::Blocks. Thank ... (by NeckDeepInSyntaxErrors)
by Phiru
truble with making custom dlg

I customize a dialog like blow. class ScDlg : public CDialog {.... DECLARE_MESSAGE_MAP() publ...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks guestgulkan. It works.!!! (by Phiru)
Changing window size trough code

Hi, I am new to Win32 programming so sorry if my question is silly. I just learned how to use res...
[3 replies] Last: MoveWindow() is just what I was looking for, thank you guys. (by Hovo Menejyan)
VC++ 6.0 Functions without symbols

So I want to know when a function will be compiled without creating symbol for it. I mean the whole ...
[3 replies] Last: Just compile in release mode and take only the exe. (delete the pdb fi... (by EssGeEich)
If statement error

This If statement isn't working, even though the immediate box says that food .exists==true, why? c...
[8 replies] Last: If you are at all interested in helping with this simulation further, ... (by Lucidfire)
Very buggy simulation

This is supposed to be a simulation of Bacteria. However, it obviously has a lot of bugs. I was wond...
[no replies]
by h4344
Need to find the number in an array closest to a value

So i need to find out which float value in an array holding 16 numbers is closest to another float v...
[2 replies] Last: Haven't checked it. float findVal(float a, float * floatArray) { fl... (by bobdabilder)
Console to GUI

How to recreate this program: #include <iostream> int main() { char menuinput, p2m; int...
[2 replies] Last: Michail, You are going about it the wrong way. To accomplish ... (by freddie1)
Suggestions for 2D Game Engine (Allegro 5)

I am building a game engine to use for making 2D games with Allegro 5 as my graphics library. So fa...
[2 replies] Last: Well, I guess that it largely depends on what you want the game to be ... (by Ogoyant)
To control a program mod run or mod not run in Win32

Hi.I want to make a program run or not run with win32 or std-C/C++ method.How can i do this?
[1 reply] : You want to make a program not run? (by kbw)
Use of a graphics.h library in C++ builder 6

Hi, If this topic was discussed somewhere else please re-direct me there. I have been coding i...
[1 reply] : You can use MoveTo and LineTo for anything that has a canvas (such as ... (by Athar)
Prevent VK_RETURN from being processed in subclassed edit control.

I have subclassed an Edit control for the purpose of detecting the enter key being pressed then call...
[4 replies] Last: Mind you I jst thought - if we always recieve the WM_CHAR - we can ign... (by guestgulkan)
Pointer Declaration & Allocation

If I declare a global char pointer, like so: char* szINIData; and then want to allocate memo...
[11 replies] Last: Just wanted further clarification. I meant, don't it at all; really.... (by kbw)
Got a few problems with the code from a tutorial.

This is the winapi code: //Main.cpp //C++ Object Oriented Prog...
[14 replies] Last: Thanks guys, problem solved and i learned somethings :D (by selenium)
Destroying child window (Edit control)

Hi there. I've got a basic winapi app that I'm writing. I have a class, which contains an array ...
[no replies]
MinGW + Threads

Operating System: Windows XP SP3 Compiler: MinGW g++ 4.7.2 Code: #include <thread> void g() {}...
[19 replies] Last: It's just a gcc quirk. Intel requires -pthread just like gcc, but prod... (by Cubbi)
NTDDK.h header required!

Folks, I am working on a particular task and I need some help to get the Ntddk.h header file....Coul...
[10 replies] Last: It won't work like that. We should give you back all the DDK to make i... (by EssGeEich)
by skarla
Chat program.

I made a GUI server and made it multiClient. But it works only local. What should change in Ip-HOS...
[2 replies] Last: Have you tested it with other machines behind your router (ie same sub... (by ResidentBiscuit)
by MKAMKA
Most stealth IPC between two networked PCs

I'm not a software engineer.. just a project manager working on a proof-of-concept project. I curre...
[3 replies] Last: For me this seems to be a Malware Development also i am quite good at ... (by closed account ozUkoG1T)
Static analysis of C++Builder and WinRT projects

I'm addressing developers with a specific request. Our plans for the PVS-Studio 5.00 static code ana...
[no replies]
December 2012 Pages: 1234... 7
  Archived months: [nov2012] [jan2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.