Windows Programming - December 2012 (Page 3)

my assesment task help me

Complete the following programming tasks in a single Visual Studio solution. Each task should be contained within its own separate, appropriately-labelled proje...
[1 reply] : Do your own homework. (by Athar)
How can I destroy one window, and make another within the same program?

Hi all, I am very new to windows gui programming and I was wondering how I would go about destroying a window and then creating another different window righ...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks for your reply, What i ended up doing is just destroying the c... (by partytime4321)
Adding text to my list box

Hi all, I am working on a simple application using windows.h, my first. I have a structure with some data on various games, read from a file. With that data,...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks very much, I will look into implementing that (by partytime4321)
by mem
string init error??

void print_frame(string, int); // function to print a given message inside an asterisk frame with the given padding /**/ void print_frame(string msg, int...
[1 reply] : const string s_buf(s_size, " "); is not a valid std::string construc... (by guestgulkan)
mounting a file for encryption

Im trying to make an encryption program, all i need is a way to mount any file... where do i start?
[1 reply] : Ifstream or createfile (by bobdabilder)
by Senith
Reading Registry values don't work on some keys

I'm having an odd problem with this part of my code. I'm trying to read the system colors from the registry and if I try to read ActiveBorder, it returns the va...
[11 replies] Last: glad to hear it. this is my cleaned up code. int RegEdit() { HKEY h... (by bobdabilder)
Where can i learn GUI programing?

I am a home learner, currently i am using DEV C++, and i found many it is quite hard to find a source for me to learn about GUI, and i found most of them is for...
[8 replies] Last: Ok I know where to start already, thanks. (by selenium)
by vRltwE
Hourglass appears when mouse goes on the app window

I am using Qt Creator to do some programming, version 2.4.1 based on Qt 4.7.4 (32 bit). It is presenting a behavior wich I do not understand: When mouse just en...
[4 replies] Last: I think call stack isn't there. In the video, I was expecting it to ap... (by vRltwE)
Process ID help.

Hello, I'm trying to get the process ID of a process... I know how to get the ID of a window, but is it not possible to get it of a process? This is for the f...
[8 replies] Last: Oh god... I haven't looked at this in a while... No. Its intent is ... (by KyleMiles)
what is -lobj mean?

#ifndef UNICODE #define UNICODE #endif #include <windows.h> LRESULT CALLBACK WindowProc(HWND hwnd, UINT uMsg, WPARAM wParam, LPARAM lParam); int ...
[4 replies] Last: Oh I know here the problem is now. I realize this when working on the ... (by selenium)
Is there something wrong with my ShellExecute()?

#include <windows.h> /* Declare Windows procedure */ LRESULT CALLBACK WindowProcedure (HWND, UINT, WPARAM, LPARAM); /* Make the class name into a glo...
[4 replies] Last: Oh after changing all the #define ... (n) , the problem solved. Does t... (by selenium)
Reading text into a string from edit style window

Hi everyone, I am working on one of my first windows.h projects, and this really stumped me; I cannot seem to find a way to get the input the user has typed ...
[9 replies] Last: I got it all working when I moved the 3 HWND declarations to global...... (by partytime4321)
file reading error

why is this function reading the last object of file twice void show() { ifstream f; f.open("BANK.PG"); account a; while(1) { ...
[4 replies] Last: awesome, I want to give a thumb up to this explanation. (by Pter0dactyl)
header of kbhit()

which header should i include to use kbhit in dev c++
[5 replies] Last: Try using conio2, You should be able to download it from the Dev-C++ p... (by S G H)
Need help with boost

So because MinGW doesn't yet support C++11 threads, I was just going to use boost's threads, however, I can't get even very simple example code to compile that ...
[no replies]
How to make a Command in C++

Hi C++ Forums, I want to get better at String Modification in c++ and i found this difficult : How can i make a Command like in CMD using C++ ?
[1 reply] : I didnt get u.Please elaborate your problem and it would be beneficial... (by Pter0dactyl)
HELPP

so my program does not stop for the cin's can anyone tell me why cout << "enter the amount sperate items you wish you order" <<endl; cin >>X; c...
[2 replies] Last: I wrote a code to record and print out the data, in the process, #in... (by selenium)
by skarla
Sockets

I made a GUI client and server,and i want make it online so i portforward ports etc... But it does not work. Could someone help me? My skype is hepic.hepic ...
[no replies]
by lmsmi1
FreeImage to Load PNGs

I'm trying out this example in my code to load and display a PNG image. How do I declare "rcDest" that is used in this example: FIBITMAP *dib = FreeImage_Lo...
[7 replies] Last: I never used FreeImage or any image library in windows (you could load... (by modoran)
Returning a timer value?

Hey all, I have been programming C++ for some time, but I am relatively new to Windows Forms. I know how to start and stop a timer with timer1.Start() and ti...
[no replies]
December 2012 Pages: 12345... 7
  Archived months: [nov2012] [jan2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.