Windows Programming - December 2012 (Page 4)

Binary Tree Node Removal (pseudo)

Hi Guys, Been working on this binary tree for the past few days, and everything works great except for the node removal which gives me weird results, either ...
[no replies]
recv not working

I'm sending object of the class by send function.But the recv function is receiving a blank object.the recv function is returning the value equal to the size of...
[4 replies] Last: thanx it really worked. (by Pter0dactyl)
WINAPI vs Other Platform APIS

This is just an opinion but ugly just ugly and clunky (for windows). What do the Mac and Linux OS's use for GUI?
[1 reply] : Linux doesn't include a GUI. The GUI software has to be installed sepa... (by Peter87)
by a01
BOOST: compile error -- so confused

All, I am new to using BOOST library. I only have a simple Visual Studio 2008 program: #include "boost/thread/thread.hpp" int _tmain(int argc, _TCHAR* ...
[2 replies] Last: methodos' link is about linking errors, not about the compiler errors ... (by Disch)
Visual C++ 6.0 Compiler settings

So I want to know how to compile this code: void AddToCentre(float a0,float & a1,float & a2) { if(-50.0f >= a2 && 50.0f >= a2 && -50.0f >= a0 && a0 >= 50.0f ...
[5 replies] Last: Anyway I Installed the Processor Pack and the problem sloved but now I... (by BSODMASTER)
Passing to a Dialog

Example: PostMessage(hwnd, ID_HWND_CLICK, 0, 0) What I wanted to know is, using PostMessage(...) to send a control message (ie, ID_HWND_CLICK) defined withi...
[7 replies] Last: Nah, you can't delete a thread. They just stay up almost forever, in c... (by S G H)
'id return 1 status' error message.

#ifndef UNICODE #define UNICODE #endif #include <windows.h> LRESULT CALLBACK WindowProc(HWND hwnd, UINT uMsg, WPARAM wParam, LPARAM lParam); int WI...
[1 reply] : my c++ is 4.9.9.2 I guess what you actually mean is that you're usin... (by Moschops)
CopyFile() Confusion

Alright so I'm just trying to figure out how to use the CopyFile() function in C++. So far I can't figure out any of it. What I'm running is: #include "stdaf...
[7 replies] Last: YES! I just ran it as administrator and it is working fine! Thank you ... (by NSwiftae)
Windows Forms ListBox help!

From my understanding I can refer to specific items in a listBox via the index operators but it is not working. It builds and compiles but when the program reac...
[5 replies] Last: I figured it out thanks (by rodsRisk)
Error With Message Box

When I use VS 2012, I get this error to display a message box: error C2664: 'MessageBoxW' : cannot convert parameter 2 from 'const char ' to 'LPCWSTR' This i...
[3 replies] Last: You compile your project as Unicode, but you give MessageBox a non-Uni... (by Ogoyant)
insert word file into SQL server using VC++

Hi, I am working on one of my application in Visual C++(VS2008). DB is SQL server 2008(Different machine). My code interacts with SQL server DB perfectly wel...
[no replies]
by h4344
Can someone explain File >> hex >> DWORD?

So im reading hex numbers from a text document and i found the solution for reading the whole thing which turned out to be File >> hex >> DWORD; but i dont un...
[1 reply] : It's telling the 'File' object for format the input as hexadecimal rat... (by Disch)
do I need to lock & unlock here...

If I have a function like this should I put CritSel' around it? As if two threads came at the same time it would create two seperate pointer locations so no con...
[2 replies] Last: Lovely jubbly :) (by banburybug)
by QIZI94
How to run programs on Windows startup

Hi, guys. I am looking for something to run programs on Windows startup. I know a manually way, but I am looking for some simple function in windows.h, because...
[9 replies] Last: argv is a string that contains the current directory and file name. ... (by modoran)
by Aderic
DirectX Dynamic Vertex Buffer

Hey guys, I have a question on DirectX. I've read multiple guides and.. well I'm not quite the fastest learner but anyhow I can't seem to get a direct answer as...
[no replies]
by dAND3h
Create Thread inside class/namespace(Ron Penton ThreadLib)

Hi, I am using the ThreadLib library from Ron Pentons MUD Programming. I am having trouble creating a thread within a class. Error is: Argument of type (Foo:...
[3 replies] Last: You're right, but if it isn't working you'll need to post the code for... (by kbw)
Good tutorials on Win32 API?

A tutorial that explains every little detail, introducing things slowly and in a well thought manner. If anybody has read "Learning C++ through game programming...
[11 replies] Last: MSDN has a tutorial on the basics. Anything after that you should be a... (by ResidentBiscuit)
proplem with messagebox

this is my first GUI program ..... has a weird error.... no compilation errors ...but when i opened it....it is supposed that when i hit ok ...a message should ...
[9 replies] Last: You must then change that control's ID to another ID. The Controls who... (by S G H)
Help with system() function

I am trying to make a program that helps someone recover a lost password. It works by calling "runas /profile /user:bob" and then entering a password from a wor...
[1 reply] : Check CreateProcessWithLogonW() or LogonUser() to impersonate another ... (by modoran)
by lmsmi1
Read file, then set each line as a string array

Well, I think this is how I will do it: 1. ifstream will declare and open a text file. 2. the console will read each line in the file, and set each line as ...
[2 replies] Last: I must be feeling pretty generous to do some of your homework. You hav... (by bobdabilder)
December 2012 Pages: 1234567
  Archived months: [nov2012] [jan2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.