Windows Programming - December 2012 (Page 5)

how to pass files into a function?

I'm writing a program and I have all of it working properly except the last part, the convert_to_wave function. The problem is that it's in a library, not one t...
[2 replies] Last: You need to close the file before passing it to convert function.... (by modoran)
Want to use audio

I want to make a program that allows the user to input and save a group of audio files and output them together.Anyone have information on the audio library and...
[1 reply] : OpenAl will do this. http://devmaster.net/posts/2890/openal-lesson-3-m... (by Moschops)
.net Thread^ array

I am working on an application that uses multiple threads to connect pipes to 8 other processes...so my question is how to i utilize an array of threads in .net...
[2 replies] Last: You'd get better responses on a .NET forum rather than a C++ forum. (by Moschops)
TERMINATE PROCESS: not working

Ok, i REALLY HATE win API, but it executes faster than batch commands, bla bla bla. So, first: What is a 'HANDLE' supposed to be? a String? an Integer? ...
[17 replies] Last: so... Mabey some direction with the windows API would be helpful. I'm... (by IWishIKnew)
menu strip

so here is my assignment and i am having some difficulties. I already have my maturity and payment forms but how do you call them up from the menustrip? Cr...
[1 reply] : Have a look at this tutorial to add menus to a form. http://msdn.micro... (by methodos)
How do I have to define the slot to lend him any class?

How do I have to define the method, in order to lend him a class ? connect(addCustomerButton, SIGNAL(clicked()), this, SLOT(addNewCustomer(customer))); ...
[no replies]
by kg1992
How can I prevent user of application from escaping to desktop?

Hello, forum. I'm student who doesn't have much experienced with Windows programming. I've been mostly programmed windows application in C/C++ using Windows AP...
[no replies]
why do i need to use cin.get twice???

Hey guys, i was writing a very simple program and came a across an problem. In order to stop my program from closing i had to use cin.get () twice? Is this norm...
[2 replies] Last: When you're reading an integer with cin >> a; , you're typing <digit>... (by Cubbi)
by h4344
Problem with Getting a module name from a ME32 struct

Im trying to get a Module's name to compare to a string so i know when i have reached the one im looking for but when debugging using cout my output is Output ...
[1 reply] : XCHYHFDU KI (by SylviaStaten)
Segmentation error. Problem with class.

customersAddLayout.h #ifndef CUSTOMERLAYOUT_H #define CUSTOMERLAYOUT_H #include <QWidget> #include <QLabel> #include <QLineEdit> #include <QPushButton> #incl...
[3 replies] Last: Damn - I wasnt going to say that - but I found another fix that stoppe... (by guestgulkan)
by Phiru
I am using GDI++, but..

Hi. I got a problem using GDI++. I succeeded loading a "png" image and displaying this on the window with this construction. Image image(L"test.png"); ...
[no replies]
Execute a function every X seconds WITHOUT sleep

Hey guys, My program occasionally has to do a little bit of heavy lifting processing wise, and I'd like a function that says something to the effect of Now 4...
[5 replies] Last: If you don't try it you won't learn anything. Very true, sir! An... (by jojo212)
Double* modification for input

I created a 1d array using the trick double* x = new double ; which seems to be the only way of creating an array with a variable size. However, I now need to u...
[4 replies] Last: is there a way of turning a double* to a double Dereference it doub... (by maeriden)
How to learn PHP

I want to learn PHP,but I don't konw how to do it.
[1 reply] : How about using online tutorial ? http://www.php.net/ PHP is one of s... (by modoran)
Programming for Games

Hello everyone, I am a second year student at Atlantic University. I am studying video game animation and design. Microsoft has a competition here in PR in ...
[1 reply] : I have no personal experience with the windows phone platform, however... (by Ogoyant)
good books for beginning windows programming?

ok i recently got malware and found out that my malware scanner took forever to scan because the malware downloaded a bunch of files into my local service and n...
[8 replies] Last: Maybe because when 'widgets,QT or MFC' have been relagated to the du... (by jimobama)
by lmsmi1
Advanced Controls

I can't seem to find anything in Petzold's Programming Windows 5th Edition, so I come here for help. I need to implement a trackbar, menu, and command link into...
[1 reply] : The code samples you require are not for a specific compiler. These us... (by modoran)
Help with library (1,2)

I need gmp or something similar that I can make types bigger than long long. I don't want to have to deal with to much complicated stuff and if I have to please...
[22 replies] Last: Yes, double is usually 64 bits wide. That's enough for up to 16 signif... (by Athar)
Syntax error in INSERT INTO statement (0x80040E14)

I'm always getting this error since i added a couple of column in the tblapplicants table. NOTE: I'm using ms access and the data type i'm using is short text (...
[no replies]
QueryPerformanceFrequency help

Hi everyone, I have a code that uses QueryPerformanceFrequency. However, the machine I need it to run doesn't have high resolution performance counter. Is ther...
[3 replies] Last: Why do you want to replace it? Why do think there's something else th... (by kbw)
December 2012 Pages: 1... 34567
  Archived months: [nov2012] [jan2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.