Windows Programming - December 2012 (Page 6)

How to add icons into Program tray menu list?

The topic also is a question. I have no idea how to insert icons by Windows API functions... Also I have an another question : How to (load) an icon from an exe...
[2 replies] Last: If you're talking about the System Tray, then this link might help? N... (by andywestken)
by matjey
error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in PCL.obj

hi, i got many error in my project which is "error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '0' doesn't match value '2' in PCL.obj" i...
[7 replies] Last: If you successfully build/link your app in release mode and it works, ... (by modoran)
by lmsmi1
Transferring Dimensions from VC++ 2012 Express to Code::Blocks 10.05

I have trial-and-error'ed every aspect of my GUI in Code::Blocks to get the GUI looking right. When I try to transfer the dimensions to C::B from VC++, everythi...
[3 replies] Last: Code::Blocks does not support (at least I am not aware of) C++/CLI lan... (by modoran)
Retrieving 'photo taken time' from c++ program

Have been using C++ to successfully retrieve and use info from WIN32_FIND_DATA data structure for various reasons. Now have many files that are photos and whic...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks for the input - I'll review your first link, looks promising (by Harry Bosch0)
by minime
Callback Function for Windows Form

Ok I have a Windows form which calls a DLL, both of which written by me. I have a start form which is the main form which calls the DLL (frontend form). The...
[1 reply] : You can create a function pointer, give it the addres of the member of... (by methodos)
Problem using matlab function in visual studio c++?

I am trying to use the linprog function in visual studio 2010. I have used the matlab compiler according to the walkthrough at http://blogs.mathworks.com/loren...
[1 reply] : As far as I can determine the site's info tells me the definition is i... (by methodos)
by lmsmi1
Icon in Window

Okay, how exactly do I get an icon into a button in WinAPI? It won't cooperate with me when I use this to put the icon in the button: const int icon_size=25;...
[1 reply] : You forgot the handle to the dialog window: SendDlgItemMessage([HWND... (by methodos)
overload getline problem

i keep getting an error saying "getline error: no instance of overloaded function "getline" matches argument" and when i take out "getline(is, purchase.pric...
[1 reply] : Hi, 1. Try to use code blocks when pasting/writing code in this forum.... (by methodos)
the different types of message loop

first I handle the message loop like this: MSG msg; while(GetMessage(&msg, 0, 0, 0)) { // do stuff } after I learn the double buffering, handle lik...
[1 reply] : The real difference here is between the PeekMessage and the GetMess... (by guestgulkan)
How to connect to a IRC channel

Hi c++ forums, I am coding a simple program which connects to a IRC channel and reads out messages. Please explain how i can do that ? I can code a program wh...
[1 reply] : These must be useful to you: cpIRC - a IRC C++ Class http://www.nongn... (by S G H)
C++ CLI Byte array to String and back

I'm using sockets in a C++ forms application and it is talking to a native C++ DLL that uses winsock send() recv(). I am needing to convert a array<byte>^ to a...
[3 replies] Last: I figured it out...by using a simple NetworkStream and encoding the by... (by troutguy)
by lmsmi1
Simple Program Gone Wrong?

I wanted to display static text in a WinAPI window, but apparently I get these errors of which when it comes to google nothing related to fixing this. Here's th...
[1 reply] : Add -mwindows or link against libkernel32.a (by modoran)
FAT32 Root Directory Read

Hello, I am trying to read the starting cluster number from a file that i search for. This is found in the 32 byte directory entry in FAT32. My problem is that...
[3 replies] Last: I don't think you do it, not in your posted code. There you just open ... (by modoran)
i need serious help!!!!!!

hello i need alot of help if anyone is willing my teacher just posted my final assignment. i dont understand it well im very confused its my first time programm...
[2 replies] Last: thanks it helped now i am on the cards im trying to make the cards usi... (by marcusFXO)
with or without WM_CLOSE?

I found in a Modeless Dialog Box Procedure, the WM_CLOSE is necessary otherwise it can close. but in a window procedure, the WM_CLOSE is unnesassary, just WM_D...
[3 replies] Last: can you tell me what is "dialog box processed the message", is it like... (by ylxin1993)
Monitoring flow of program in Visual C++

Hello CppGurus, I am wondering if there is any program out there that could map out the flow of program in Visual C++ 6.0 . I do modify MRI sequence code writ...
[3 replies] Last: You're welcome DK, glad it helped you. Ogoyant (by Ogoyant)
window procedure HWND varible must static??

like below, my little program is this: you write some text in the edit box, and click "add" button, and it will add to the combo box, but when I first write, it...
[6 replies] Last: His version is a bit slower, because it always re-computes the variabl... (by S G H)
by krell
can you guys help?

i need help with dream maker and want to make a space station is there a code/ codes that can help create this that can help me get this started? also who plays...
[1 reply] : DM is a simple game designer program. C++ is a real computer language... (by cnoeval)
by Veltas
Using extern

Say I have a standard C++ program and have some 'extern' functions in other files that I want to include when compiling without #including. Then how do I go ab...
[2 replies] Last: You could use a library, as kbw said. But you don't normally use funct... (by Nexius)
confused by SelectObject funcion

I saw a segment in my book about double buffering constructor: BackBuffer::BackBuffer(HWND hWnd, intwidth, intheight) { mhWnd = hWnd; HDC hWndDC = GetDC(hWn...
[1 reply] : mhOldObject = (HBITMAP)SelectObject(mhDC, mhSurface); // select obje... (by guestgulkan)
December 2012 Pages: 1... 4567
  Archived months: [nov2012] [jan2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.