Windows Programming - December 2012 (Page 7)

Get flv/mp4 files thumbnails.

i need a custom program which takes flv/mp4 file and outputs a image of specific frame of flv/mp4 file. is there any library which provides such functions?
[2 replies] Last: That's what i was looking for, thank you. (by time to c)
How to make Windows buttons look Legit

Hey, I am working on a UAC program and the button look very bad and i want to make it look like a normal windows 7 buttons BTW I am using Windows 7 so how ...
[3 replies] Last: If you're using visual studio, you can add this to the top of one of y... (by Stewbond)
this is my assigment, need to handup in few hours, i already tried for 2 days, please need help (1,2)

urgent Write a program to calculate the grade point average (CGPA) of the student. Students are required to enter the course and the grade of the subjects ta...
[20 replies] Last: Great Job ITstudent, it looks like you have made a lot of progress. Th... (by closed account 3qX21hU5)
Winsock help

Hi everyone i was following a winsock tutorial on youtube and i typed out the code but i seem to have came up with oneerror that ive been trying to fix but cann...
[7 replies] Last: Because i watched it too and ask IceT3e3a for help he will help you as... (by closed account ozUkoG1T)
use unicode or multiple char

in vs2010, the default encoding is unicode, but my book is a little old, I have to add L before my string, and I know nothing about unicode, I want to know if...
[1 reply] : You could disable Unicode settings in VS2010 really easy by adding thi... (by modoran)
DLL function pointer structure?

these are just some my function pointer prototype attempts typedef int (__cdecl *FNPTR)(LPWSTR); typedef int (__cdecl *FNPTR)(int, char**); and this is m...
[4 replies] Last: Oh yes thats great! Turns out that the DLL has other functions that I... (by steallen)
by h4344
Problem with GUI flickering/Bitmap

So im trying to fix the flickering in my program because it updates very quickly, im still new with drawing so im not too sure what im doing wrong here. ...
[5 replies] Last: From MSDN ( http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ff... (by S G H)
How to see if Admin or Not windows 7

Hi C++ forums, I am currently working on a program which finds if you are Admin or not if you are Admin it will pop a Window saying You are a Admin and else it...
[1 reply] : This MSDN entry has the code for the preferred method: CheckTokenMemb... (by andywestken)
Sharing Data Between Apps

I'm trying to decide on a best practice for sharing data between many applications in a many to one relationship like client server. Speed is a big considerati...
[4 replies] Last: Yeah I'm ultimately using the data as doubles...I was figuring that co... (by troutguy)
ERROR IN MY LINKED LIST urgent!!

#include <iostream.h> // execute input and outpu process. #include <cstring.h> // defines several functions to manipulate C strings and arrays. #include<con...
[4 replies] Last: noted it.. thanks can you help me on this http://www.cplusplus.com/fo... (by ITstudent)
by h4344
How can i draw a single point in a GUI?

Atm im using *Look below*, but its a line when all i want is a single point with a size and color i can set. Any ideas? PAINTSTRUCT ps; ...
[1 reply] : You might be looking for SetPixel(): http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/l... (by NGen)
found this code on the net, wanted to test winsock, theres an error though, what is 'tolower?

So i want to learn socket programing, first i wanted to make sure i have winsock & winsock2 working before i build anything, i certainly dont want to go round m...
[10 replies] Last: As you seem to use MinGW, use these commands for compiling: g++.exe -... (by modoran)
Get computer info

I need to know how to get the following information about my computer using c++ 1. How to get the computers current volume 2. Check if the computers connected ...
[11 replies] Last: hello (by popgalop)
December 2012 Pages: 1... 567
  Archived months: [nov2012] [jan2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.