Windows Programming - December 2013 (Page 2)

How to make something like a calculator in windows.h?

So, I have made millions of calculators in C++ console applications, but not in <windows.h>. How do you make input in windows.h do something? Right now (maybe a...
[2 replies] Last: Alright thanks I was looking at the msdn site but that site is so terr... (by AceDawg45)
How can I make a Compiler/Programming Language?

I would like to make a compiler for a high level language in C++. I have researched this and understand the fundamental concepts of parsing, lexing, code genera...
[1 reply] : Have you checked out any of the earlier threads on this topic? For exa... (by andywestken)
System::IO error

Hello It's Me! I've been trying to create a simple WinApi program which was meant to save and load simple txt files but unfortunately it does not work (Yeah I'...
[no replies]
Question on how to make Visual C++ console programs not close the console window after running...

Hello, I've been teaching an Intro to C++ class (for engineers and scientists) that uses g++ on Linux. We generally spend 1-1.5 lectures going over Linux co...
[7 replies] Last: g++ also has a lot of standards violations by default If g++ violates... (by Thumper)
Makefiles, Windows and Code Blocks / MinGW ?

Maybe a silly question but is there a way to. Convert a makefile into a Code Blocks project? Or don`t that make any sense? Thanks for any answers. Cheers
[2 replies] Last: Ok so I add all the files manually and then change settings to costume... (by WetCode)
In which DLL are C std functions found?

Hi all, In which DLL are C std functions found, like printf() exit() etc... I need to inject those functions to a program, so I need to GetProcAddress(...) of...
[9 replies] Last: I thought the MinGW did depend on the DLL's, and would only statically... (by TwilightSpectre)
Determine OS bit using sizeof(void*) ???

Hi all, I found out a way to find the bit of OS that is whether x86 or x64. Is this a reliable method: if(sizeof(void*)==4) { //32 bit! //do 32 bit st...
[6 replies] Last: you are asking us for entire code for your easy project. That's kind... (by closed account N36fSL3A)
by nvrmnd
where can i find comctl32.lib ( code::blocks ) (1,2)

Is it pre-installed ? or is only available on Visual Studio ? i am using code::blocks / mingw And is libcomctl32.a w/c i found under \lib in mingw same ...
[20 replies] Last: Oh, i see, thank you (by nvrmnd)
What is the error as shown by the compiler?

#include<fstream.h> #include<conio.h> #include<stdio.h> #include<string.h> #include<ctype.h> void CountAVD() { int Vowels=0, Alphabets=0, Digits=0; ifs...
[6 replies] Last: @modoran is correct... While the "a" (etc.) references are strings, th... (by Gorlash)
Can I use this function to block WINDOWS API's? (1,2,3)

@OrionMaster: Can I use this function to block WINDOWS API's? code: BOOLEAN BlockAPI (HANDLE hProcess, CHAR *libName, CHAR *apiName) { CHAR pRet ={0xC3...
[49 replies] Last: Okay... Thankyou very much! (by WindowsProgrammer777)
by dem7w2
'iostream': No such file or directory

Good afternoon, folks. It has been one of those days where absolutely nothing works including things that used to work: Make, OpenGL, PDB files, hello world in ...
[4 replies] Last: so that VS auto downloads missing dlls No, you have setup to downlo... (by modoran)
Reading only the digits from a text file to a string

Hello I need the cpu load for my project - since googling for weeks didnt help (everything i found about getting the cpu load wont compile, or the code break...
[no replies]
Execute a programm on startup..

Everyone says about HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run I got 6 programms on my startup (as shown from task manager of windows 8...
[13 replies] Last: Yes well I do also know that "msconfig" is probably a very commonly kn... (by TheBeardedQuack)
simple calculator at c++

// this program performs addition, subtraction, multiplication and subtraction. #include<iostream.h> void main(){ float x=0,y=0,result=0; char o; cout<<...
[3 replies] Last: PLEASE goto the beginner forums for things like this... and use //Co... (by TheBeardedQuack)
by Sika
Display the message for wrong command line string

I have the following code which calls two different function as per the command entered from the command line. My application name is minopc.exe so when user e...
[2 replies] Last: Why don't you use CopmmandLineToArgvW ? Like this: LPWSTR *argv; i... (by modoran)
Subclasses problem

why does this not work? #ifndef ACCOUNTCLASS_H #define ACCOUNTCLASS_H #define TESTING #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <fstream> class A...
[1 reply] : Use class Deposite : public AccountClass . (by modoran)
by clodi
how to create an icon?

Hello, DOes anybody know what program to use to create three icons 16x16 32x32 64x64 and load them into a .res file? I know how to put integrate that fi...
[5 replies] Last: How can you set smallIcon and Icon to be different if all you have is... (by andywestken)
DX 11 Tutorial

Hi Guys. Since this Forum helped me out a lot when i started C++ programming i want to help out you guys too. For all of those who always wanted to learn a bit...
[no replies]
Visual Studio Access violation reading location 0xfeeefeee

For school I have to write a program in C++ that utilizes linked lists. I've got it working for the most part but the code is very long. The problem is that whe...
[6 replies] Last: I had accidentally called a function that deleted the list inside my w... (by tkerr97)
How do I make an event handler for a button in the MessageBox?

I know how to make buttons with event handlers, and I somewhat know how to do this. What I do is this: MessageBox(hwnd, "Do you really want to leave?", "L...
[2 replies] Last: Alright thanks for the link and answer. Both were Extremely helpful. (by AceDawg45)
December 2013 Pages: 1234
  Archived months: [nov2013] [jan2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.